Top Attractions in Elgin
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- A fabulous tour today, with excitement and interest for adults and children alike. Callum led the tour and he was outstanding; fun, charming and friendly as well as incredibly knowledgable about Glen Moray.
The tour had a really great feel about it and provided authenticity despite the enlargement of production at the site.
Smelling all the different whisky’s in all the different barrels was fairly unique in my experience and greatly enjoyed by all.
Well done Glen Moray and Callum an excellent ambassador. 10/10.Written August 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My girlfriend and I visited Elgin Cathedral today and what an absolute delight it was. Not only are the beautiful ruins kept in such fantastic condition, but the questions raised in the descriptions and information presented lead to more stimulating thoughts than presented fact. A big thank you to Kati in the information centre for some fascinating history of not only the Cathedral but also of the surrounding area.
A great kick start to such important, sacred and historical monuments and areas in and around Elgin.
Superb.Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed walking around this castle, well the parts of it that are left. It was clearly huge and there are some large sections left, including a large chunk that has fallen down.
In the car park is a nice trailer with coffee, cakes and gifts.Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fabulous afternoon meeting Carole, John, Bill and the wonderful herd of alpaca.
We spent time walking in the field with the main herd learning so much about the fleece, colours, breeding, feeding and everything alpaca!
We were guided on how to handle the alpaca safely and then walked through beautiful woodlands with Samuel, Peel and Munro.
The afternoon ended with a huge piece of lemon cake and coffee in the bbq hut with a cosy fire, cushions, rugs and great conversation.
Thank you again for a wonderful visit - highly recommended.Written April 23, 2022
- this is a beautiful abbey ,still run by the monks here ,there is a lot to see and you get some really good pics ,there is a nice little gift shop here ,i got myself a bottle of apple juice ,made by the monks here.it is well worth the journey to visit.Written July 3, 2022
- Visited many times, have always really enjoyed the peaceful environs. It’s our local Historic Scotland place and as members we’d be foolish to not attend. The Loch is particularly interesting. Went today to the medieval weekend - really good with very engaging stands and a good atmosphere. What’s a shame is that almost total lack of advertisement by Historic Scotland meant that attendance was very low, with ‘rival events’ being cited as the reason. Not even a sign on the road to advertise the event - we only found out because we visited Brodie Castle the day before and happened to get chatting to the chap who worked there. Better advertising would have given a bigger reward for the excellent participants!Written May 1, 2022
- Myself and five friends booked a bespoke whisky tasting as part of my 60th birthday celebrations. The whiskies were superb and our host was fantastic. A real ambassador for the company. Thank you for a great afternoon. We will definitely be backWritten September 27, 2021
- This is a very unusual garden as it depicts many biblical verses and there are many linked sculptures and plants. I would recommend that it is worth a visit.Written May 2, 2021
- They do a family ticket for £17, when we were there children got in for free. So offers great value for money when you've got kids.
Fantastic little motor museum, British and Europe cars on display.
Classics: 1920s Bentley to 80s Sierra rs500 cosworth to name couple
The majority of the cars are still run out on the road.
The curator took time to come round and talk about the cars and their history. Lifting the bonnet on one to gives us a glimpse into the engine bay showing off the imaculately maintained engine.
He pointed out that a few are in orginal condition, apart from the tyres and a polish!
The collection has a few cars which are either very rare or one of a kind.
The collection includes bycles, motorbikes and other motoring memorabilia.
Video's also running, one shows the 1954 Lagonda V12 in action.
The museum is well worth a visit, a bonus is the price includes a voucher for a free drink at a nearby cafe/restaurant, which is worth around £2 on its own
You just need to pay for the food, scones were clearly 'home made'
None of those modern day lookalikes!Written August 10, 2022
- An interesting collection of fossils, local history and much more. Very well interpreteted in a building which is very historic as this is the oldest museum in Scotland.
All run by volunteers who were very knowledgeable and had a true passion for history.
Not easy for those with limited mobility due to the fact that it is in an historic building with lots of stairs but the exhibits are interpreted on line as well.Written July 6, 2022
- This is a cracking beach. Our family enjoyed relaxing, paddling in the sea and making sandcastles. The cafes and shops are nearby, as is a play park for kids. Free parking too.Written July 25, 2022
- This was a fantastic distillery tour which was both fun and educational. Our guide, Georgina, was utterly charming and really knowledgeable about the whiskies and the whole distilling process. She made everything very easy to understand. At the end of the tour we were given some samples to try and unusually, we got to make a cocktail based on BenRiach whisky which was a nice twist on the usual distillery experience. BenRiach will definitely feature in our drinks cabinet at home in the future. It's a great tasting dram!Written July 3, 2022
- In driving through Elgin the Lady Hill Castle is outstanding as is it is at the top of a hill and overlooks the town. If we had time we would have climbed the hill as the views from the top must be amazing.Written March 11, 2020
- Fab for a few hours, good is pretty good and good selection of drinks. Staff always friendly and they are fab at keeping big ones to their side so little ones can playWritten March 5, 2020
- Pleased to see a Pine Marten cross my path this morning (2 May 2022). So another creature added to the list of others I have seen at Millbuies .
A few rhododendrons have survived the recent cull, a coffee van has made an appearance at the weekends and appears to be well received.Written May 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Elgin
- The best day trips from Elgin according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- GHD Clan Tour of Speyside Distilleries
- Scotland Whisky Distilleries and Tasting Private Day Tour by Luxury Car
- Full-Day Private Tour: Speyside Whisky Trails
- Speyside Whisky and Moray Firth Coast Small-Group Day Tour from Inverness
- Culloden Battlefield and all Points East