Multi-day Tours • Taxis & Shuttles
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
38 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 38
What travelers are saying
- Have been holidaying in Inverness area and decided rather than spend endless hours behind the wheel of a car to hire a tour guide with transport, and fortunately discovered George at GHD Clan Tours.
Enjoyed our first day with him enjoying views and relaxing while he tackled the busy roads and sometimes quite scary single track roads over the mountains.
I must say here, George is a very safe and confident driver, especially when we were suddenly engulfed in very thick fog on a single track road with sheer drops at the sides at times, and meeting vehicles who had not the sense to turn lights on.
Day 1 Rogue Falls, Ullapool, Inverewe Gardens, Gairloch, Applecross, Drumnadrochit
Lovely scenery along the way, even got to Ullapool in time to watch the ferry leaving. The colours in the gardens were beautiful with the shrubs in bloom. Even driving along the roads was colourful as all the broom was in flower and rhododendrons dotted along the way.
George is very informative keeping us amused with different tales about the places we visited.
Day 2 Cawdor castle, Culloden Battlefield, Clava Stones, Cumberland Stone and viaduct Bridge
Another day full of information made even more interesting due to recently watching Outlander on TV, so could relate to where I was visiting to the tv program. Again George had us laughing with all his stories.
Day 3 Glen Africa, Plodda Falls, Tomich, Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness Exhibition Centre.
Another day of single track roads and thankful that we hired George and did not have to tackle them myself!
The other good thing about hiring the tours, he knew best places to stop off for food and refreshments.
Would highly recommend George at GHD clan Tours without a doubt and would recommend other holiday makers to ditch the car or Motorhome and let George do the driving.Written June 19, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We went on a tour with George who was great.
We had been to Clava Cairns the day before so we adjusted the itinerary.
We hadn’t realised that you had to book in at the Battlefield but George went online and booked us a slot.
We had a nice walk around the gardens at Cawdor Castle (the castle is closed due to COVID-19) which were lovely with some beautiful sculptures.
The Battlefield was very interesting and George pointed out the memorial wall which most people missed.
George took us to Chanonry Point so we could try to see dolphins but we weren’t lucky although we saw some seals.
Very nice day, very informativeWritten September 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The whole experience of arranging the trip with Sally Mackay was excellent despite it ultimately not going ahead.With my brother I wished to arrange an organised tour to the WW1 battlefields in northern France and also a visit to Aushwitz. This included flights, hotels and also a few days in Berlin during the end of the tours.
All this was just prior to Covid.
Our intention was to leave from Inverness in the Scottish Highlands. I contacted Sally Mackay who immediately got to work in arranging and programming the entire trip for my brother and I. This was no easy task, however, Sally diligently worked her way through it and eventually made sense of the arrangements to our satisfaction. Without Sally we would not have been able to have dealt with the complexities.
Despite the arrangements, unfortunately due to Covid restrictions we were unable to go ahead and the timing of the trip was rearranged and then ultimately cancelled.
Despite all this, it is our intention once travelling restrictions have been lifted, we intend to contact Sally again to resurrect the trip.Written December 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Strongly recommend Inverness taxis. Booked online via an email and we we were met at the airport on time and with a very helpful driver. The price was as quoted in the email.
Excellent service.Written May 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Travelled from Inverness to Thurso for a day trip. Comfortable seats but disappointed that there was not a catering trolley on board. this was after all a 4 hour journey.Written May 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were in the Highlands for Easter (staying at Eagle Brae) and my 14 year old son did the dog sledding experience offered through Adventure Highland. We would highly recommend it! It's an exhilarating 3-mile ride along a track on a sled pulled by 6 to 8 dogs (hounds) and you get to meet and learn about the dogs beforehand and feed and water them afterwards. The actual ride lasts about 10 minutes (1 seated passenger and 1 standing driver-a member of the Adventure Highland team) and is a lot of fun-particularly for older children. Everyone not riding can come down to watch and take photos during the ride.
Special thanks to Rob for all the interesting information and for letting us meet his other dogs, including his litter of Husky puppies! A great activity for dog lovers and adventure seekers. Rob and the team look after their dogs really well and will not run them if the day is too hot (this is predominantly a winter activity-we had one of the last runs of the season in April.) We would also recommend this activity for adults, but there is a weight limit so best to check when booking that you do not exceed it!Written April 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Day trip to Inverness region to celebrate a special Birthday for Mrs B. I cannot speak highly enough of the service provided. Before the visit we had regular exchanges about places to visit based on her interests as well as more general tourist spots. The tour on the day was informative and we packed a lot in, travelling in comfort and style. Throughout the experience Mark and Fiona were friendly, professional, informative and really made this a special day for us to remember
Mrs B is very happy. Thankyou bothWritten November 11, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- From the US, I hired MCS Taxi to transport a lot of luggage, my dog, and me from Edinburgh to a village north of Inverness. Every step of the way was easy peasy and the service was outstanding. Chris took all the hassles out of making arrangements from thousands of miles away and paid attention to my concerns (dog! coming from the cargo hold of a plane! big luggage!). Driver Willie was outstanding. He arrived early to load us up, was an excellent driver, and found a lovely little park off the side of the road when we needed to stretch for a few minutes. Considering the distance and burden, the cost was quite reasonable. I recommend MCS Taxi highly and will use them again.Written September 25, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were lucky enough to be part of a group who used this company for a long weekend.
Door to door service was excellent , always on time and was flexible to our last minute time changes.
Bob , Graham and John were all very friendly, knowledgeable and provided a great service to our group.
Bob sorted out a last minute airport transfer for us - Thanks Bob
Would not hesitate to use again or to recommend to anyone who wanted reliable, friendly A* service.
Many thanksWritten July 21, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Alistair was the most welcoming and helpful guide. We did a half day mountain bike ride. The bikes were in good order and Alistairs passion for Scotland and knowledge on the local area was so obvious! He also arranged for us to do a simulated deer stalk and fly fishing. Both were fantastic. He recommended local places to eat too. I can’t recommend his services enough. Thanks for a lovely weekend.Written April 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Used Mountain Tours to move our bags when walking the Great Glen Way and cannot fault the service. Excellent communication, excellent service - even transporting a birthday cake on the last day! Cannot recommend more. Thanks guys!Written April 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Came with wife for our anniversary and had a fantastic time. We did the whiskey trail tour. It was very easy to book, very friendly and helpful. Great price too, good value for money. Time to remember, def coming back soon!Written April 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We booked a full day of touring with Jim Johnstone during our stay in Inverness. He responded quickly to any inquiries and developed a plan based on our interests. We visited Loch Ness, Culloden, Cawdor Castle and a few other spots along the way. Jim was informative and helpful, giving us a great day of touring and learning. I even went home with a copy of his book! Highly recommend booking a day or two with Jim.Written October 12, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Kevin and Serena provided such a professional, prompt and friendly service on our wedding day, that we booked them again to take us to the airport on our honeymoon! Very competitive rates, excellent service standards, would recommend to anyone!Written January 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We rented paddle boards, complete with paddles and life vests. The boards were delivered to us and the lovely, very helpful delivery guy inflated them for us too. What a fantastic way to spend a few hours with great friends. The company were great to deal with, excellent value for money, would definitely book again. Thanks for making it a great day👍🏼Written September 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Inverness
- These experiences are best for transportation in Inverness:
- Private Inverness Departure Transfer- Hotel / Accommodation to Airport
- Private Inverness Arrival Transfer- Airport to Hotel / Accommodation
- Executive Transfer to (or from) Inverness area to (or from) Edinburgh or Glasgow
- Inverness To Glasgow | Executive Transfer
- Inverness To Edinburgh | Executive Transfer
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Inverness:See more transportation for couples in Inverness on Tripadvisor