- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- XXL thanks to Dawn for a wonderful Doors Open Tour of this green domed Glasgow Landmark. One of the largest lending libraries in Europe, its impressive exterior architecture is matched inside with a strikingly ornate Great Hall.
From older parts of the building with pre-Dewey index cards and old rooms fragranced with 'eau de volume' to the newer Reading Rooms, it was a total bestseller.
Lots of events going on in this vibrant community hub which also has a Family History Resources Centre , Glasgow Collections Archive and a CAB. Great cafe too.Written October 15, 2022
- An independent library in the heart of Bridgeton, 5 mins walk from the station and the local library. I came to see the Joan Eardley exhibition, but of course left with a book, hard not to!! I work in a very different library but was lovely to chat about the library and our love of working with books.Written June 26, 2022
- The building built in 1879 tells a fascinating story. Originally built by the first wave of Jewish immigrants from Germany , it has been maintained beautifully. By the second wave of Jewish immigrants in 1900 there were almost 9000 Jews in Glasgow mostly from Eastern Europe many on their way to the US .
The tour was superbly given by a Jewish member of the current congregation and a marvelous lady who had been Lord Mayor of Glasgow and who though Catholic donates her time and expertise to tell the story of Jewish migration in Scotland also demonstrates Scottish tolerance. in the best of all possible ways.Written July 3, 2022
- I had visited this place somedays ago. They have some good collectio,, hope they will add more things in the future. Hope for the best.Written November 5, 2020
- I went to Bridgeton library to use the computer as mine had broken. The lay out of the library is decent and I was glad that one of the workers told someone to be quiet when they were talking as I was trying to concentrate . However, the staff then proceeded to chat and laugh amongst themselves very loudly which I found hypocritical and very frustrating as I couldn’t focus on my work. This happened each time i visited the library and the lady behind the desk was quite rude to me. I won’t be back despite it being my local library, as I’ve been put off.Written November 27, 2020