- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Fun & Games
Fun & Games
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Grandsons had a great time this morning in the click and climb area. Staff were all helpful but I must mention Craig who was really helpful, supportive and very encouraging.
Boys are desperate to go again soon.Written February 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was our first rock climb and Emma made our hour truly amazing. She showed us all the safety features in a fun way and it set the tone for the hour . We were only encouraged and never pushed to do anything we did not want to do. Extremely professional set up . Highly recommend this for family and kids we will be backWritten October 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Took our daughter as a 14th birthday treat along with her friend.
This was our first visit. It's a dated building that's in need of some tlc, the cheap ice-skating boots that they supply you with are a killer, hurt my feet badly.
But with all that said it's very reasonably priced, the rink itself is a great size, the kids enjoyed themselves.
Was surprised to see the girl in the cafe quickly close 10 minutes before the end of Sunday's session? Everyone wanted to sit down with a drink & snack once they got off the ice.... We was sat in the cafe drinking coffee as she slammed the Sutter's down and went away at 4:20pm.
Very surprising.Written May 27, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Never thought of writing a review of Warrender on here before , but its my local pool, Ive been going at least once a week for over 35 years so think I should. Obviously I like it, I love the building and when the pool is quiet it is heaven on earth. Sadly it is becoming ever more difficult to find a suitable time to swim.
Im not exactly young ( indeed many of the 'regulars' are equally 'mature') and these days I have various mobility issues. It is not safe for me to swim when people are jumping or diving in front of me, or when children or others are playing and darting about. Obviously there should be times when this is permitted, I have no problem at all with families using the pool, indeed it was a favourite place for my own children to play as well as learn to swim, but this is not always compatible with other users.
The pool is managed by Edinburgh Leisure who make a big deal of wanting to ' inspire everyone to be more active and healthy'.
I ( and others) have pointed out on many occasions that the reality at Warrender is that one of the biggest user groups - older people - are finding it increasingly difficult to do just that. Why ? Because there seems to be a policy of encouraging everyone to use the pool at the same time. This means, for example, that instead of a couple of quiet hours on school day afternoons which is when older people tended to go the pool is sectioned off for Nursery classes. A lane is provided for fast swimmers only - even though most of those in the pool just want to quietly swim slowly, and everyone else is crowded into a narrow space. Anouther example - there is a dedicated Disabled session once a week but staff are not willing to inform people of this, so it ends up mixed use. I have to say that while the pool is not inherently disabled friendly, being a Victorian listed building, I have seen the staff make strenuous efforts to enable people in wheelchairs, or with sensory issues to access the pool, there just does not seem to be any awareness that issues relating to ability go further than that.
I do wish that there was more management of this wonderful resource so that various needs could be met, and then it would be a joy for everyone.Written February 28, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Played in the seniors open last year. Couldn’t fault the ice and the organisation of the competition. A great weekend and we will return again this year.Written February 24, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Staff all friendly and particularly the chef who produced some great food at reasonable prices for the squash folk visiting the club.
The newspaper s were available every morning..
Well done to all the staff.Written December 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We relocated to the Stockbridge neighborhood in Edinburgh for six months. Lucky for us that the Edinburgh Leisure organization, which runs about 30 facilities, runs the Glenogle Swim Center near us. The facility was recently renovated, and is beautiful. Single use fees for the facility range from £7.80 for the pool and fitness center to £4.80 for just the fitness center; discounts are given for those over 60 years old. Since we are here for quite some time, we opted for a monthly fitness center membership for £31.00 per month each. A big thank you goes to Iain at Edinburgh Leisure Customer Accounts. He was terrific helping us sort the direct debit membership payment option; what a fine representation of Scottish hospitality.Written March 3, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was a bit worried about dragging 10 hungover lads to play football the day after the first night - but it was so much fun. Everyone really enjoyed it. We were knackered afterwards - but if you've got a few competitive lads in the group and a stag you want to stitch up a bit - then I'd highly recommend. It's a great laugh.
Take plenty of water. And in Edinburgh there's a Sports Bar right next door, so you can have a beer before and few beers after with the football on the TV etc. The guy we had was great too. All in all I'd definitely recommend.Written April 17, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Edinburgh
- These are the best places for adventurous sports complexes in Edinburgh:See more adventurous sports complexes in Edinburgh on Tripadvisor