Speciality & Gift Shops • Distilleries
Showing results 1-30 of 175
What travelers are saying
- The tour was amazing. All the staff were kind and knowledgeable, especially our guide Leo. Would recommend wholeheartedly and the bar is also lovely.Written December 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went to visit their shop and made an order to be delivered in the US . I was thinking of buying a gucci bag from edinburgh but when I saw their handmade bags , I decided to get one instead and Oh boy !! I was delighted to see my bag customized according to my needs and the work that they put it surpass my gucci $ LV bags in a fraction of price ! I would definitely recommend them and will be back to order some more in the future ! The quality of the leather is very very nice and the gentleman in the store was ever accommodating to work with my complicated design but they did not disappoint.Written December 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a fudge making experience with Will here! Was so much fun and we got to see the fudge being made with some expert knowledge and honest information passed on. The shop itself is such a nice place to be, the equipment is simple & unique as was this experience! The fudge though, is something else. We made salted caramel fudge and got to use the tools needed to make the fudge loaf - also cut the slabs for us to take home. The fudge is so creamy and makes your mouth water. The raspberry one is a mind blower as it’s so sweet but so sharp. Will recommend this to everyone!Written November 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great Whiskey experience. Choose from a range of Whiskeys ( I choose the ‘Cask’ Selection) and you get 5 Whiskeys to try with a very informative history of Scotland & how Whiskey conquered the British Isles.
Prices start from £28 but in my opinion well worth it. Daniel, our Whiskey host and owner was very passionate and informative.
Let’s just say we left with a rosy glow after our experience 😊Written November 1, 2023
- I visited the Scottish Storytelling Centre for an Edinburgh World Heritage event. It was my first visit and I appreciated the light and airy setting. The first part of the event was in the Netherbow Theatre downstairs which proved to be a great venue. Afterwards there was a drinks reception upstairs in the Storytelling Court. An enjoyable visit.Written April 25, 2023
- Just happened by on our way to the Royal Mile and glad we did after seeing all the tacky shops that awaited us there. Lovely assortment of artisan and Scottish-made gifts, art, cards, and things I wanted for myself! The gentleman running the shop was knowledgeable and helpful. The displays were playful and showed off their merchandise well. I heartily recommend this shop for gifts to take home as well as finding that special something for yourself.Written November 20, 2023
- Absolutely magical schop, beautifully kept and filled with really great books ! I recommend this book shop to everyone!Written July 17, 2023
- Small shop not to be overlooked!
The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about various whiskies. We explained what we liked and they offered us several tastings of their selection. They explained about distillery editions and their own blends. Great experience, thank you!Written August 25, 2023
- A great indoor area filled with various crafts from individual people. Something to suit all tastes and great for unusual gifts to take home.Written December 8, 2023
- Don’t wast your time trying to find another kilt maker on the Royal Mile. Mr. Bill was the most educated and knowledgeable craftsman that made an otherwise overwhelming experience incredibly streamlined and simple. The shop is the best kind of organized-cozy-chaos that made you feel like you were working with the master professional. Our order shipped internationally within a month, which was impressive considering the quality and steps involved. Doing business with them and our resulting purchase was the highlight of our trip.Written November 12, 2023
- Popped in whilst staying for 3 nights on the Grassmarket, such a cool little shop, amazing range of cheeses, the young lady that served my wife and I (So sorry can't remember her name, discussed how people 'Bond' when sharing good food, she may remember!) she was excellent, knowledge and really made us laugh! We bought a small Scottish Brie style cheese which was so nice with the French baton, Charcuterie and homemade butter we also purchased, it's so important to have these small independent 'old school' shops, they make a visit to such an historic area a real pleasure.Written January 12, 2023
- Whiskies were laid out alphabetically and easy to see in the shop. Prices for the location were fair and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. If you are going to buy a bottle whilst in the tourist part of Edinburgh, I wouldn't go anywhere else to be honest. The positive reviews I had read about this place where accurate during our visit.Written October 5, 2023
- Very good fudge, not the creamiest though. It was a very clean establishment and you can get quite a good variation in a box.Written April 16, 2023
- Such a lovely shop with a super owner. So friendly and patient!
A real gem in Leith full of gifts, jewellery, bags, cards and so much more.
I bought a lovely tasselled leather bag. And hoping to get another when I return. I went there with my daughters.
Have told all my friends, up here in the highlands, to be sure to visit!
I love the little 'thank you' card, included with my purchase.
A really great little shop. Thank you!Written May 8, 2023
- Love the relaxed feeling of the whole shop- the staff feel like friends. The lady who served us was as lovely as the hot choc! The bright green mint marshmallow was mesmerising as was the pumpkin spice. The only slight drawback was the price, but if you love hot chocolate then it’s worth it!Written November 12, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Edinburgh
- These are the best places for couples seeking gift & specialty shops in Edinburgh:See more gift & specialty shops for couples in Edinburgh on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for gift & specialty shops in Edinburgh:See more romantic gift & specialty shops in Edinburgh on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for gift & specialty shops in Edinburgh:See more hidden gem gift & specialty shops in Edinburgh on Tripadvisor