Speciality Museums • Historical & Heritage Tours
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
133 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 133
What travelers are saying
- Wonderful visit, lots to see, the guide was excellent and all the staff so helpful and friendly. Went with our children, 12 and 10, and they were engaged and interested.Written August 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic afternoon and location drinking fabulous sparking wine and learning all about the process of the grape from the vine to the bottle, to your table! The passion and enthusiasm from the owners about the wine and their journey was captivating and the most interesting experience I’ve had for some while.
A must visit! even if you’re not passionate about wine, you might just be afterwards .Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited West Dean with my mum. Prior to visiting I had called to discuss hire of a wheelchair snd parking. The staff were very helpful snd knowledgeable. The glasshouses and gardens are stunning. Full of an abundance of plants, flowers, trees, veg, fruit and colour, beautifully planted, a stunning pergola and many different areas to see and walk around . We had a cuppa in the restaurant and our drinks were brought to the table without having to ask. Toilets were clean and access good. Highly recommend a visit to West Dean. Thank you West Dean.Written July 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful weather helped as the views were just breathtaking as far as the eye could see and the yes tree trail was like walking into a film set for LOTR/GOT. Fantastic.Written July 14, 2022
- Very interesting cathedral right in the centre of the city. Several chapels and very well preserved.Written July 7, 2022
- Crazy for You. If you have not been you are missing a feel good evening!
Excellent vocals. A very talented cast. Loved all the songs. You cannot help but smile.
For as little as £10 - a must do.
Stage props expertly dealt with.
Thank you so much for the evening.
Looking to come again.
Jan BWritten August 3, 2022
- Early morning …, peace and tranquillity
I arrived early for the southern ceramics summer exhibition in the Bishops Kitchen so bought coffee and a totally delicious almond croissant and sat in the garden for a while. Wonderful start to the day- oh and a wonderful annual exhibition if you have never been.Written August 11, 2022
- What a wonderful place. We had a wonderful time. They were fantastic with the dogs as well. Couldn't recommend a visit highly enough.
Very dog friendly, water bowls around and at the cafe.
Would recommend a visitWritten August 6, 2022
- We took a tour & it was an amazing experience.
We had such a lovely afternoon at Goodwood house.
What an impressive building. From the minute we entered the house we were transported back to a time of opulence & grandeur.
The staff were all lovely especially Emily in the tea room.
She actualy enhanced our visit by making us feel so special.
Even the young security guy we spoke to as we left was so happy to tell us a little more about the house to add to our knowledge.
Thank you for choosing such beautiful staff who made our visit so memorable.
We will never forget it & will definately return.Written May 15, 2022
- We had a lovely walk along the waters edge for about 6kms returning to have lunch in the Inn that overlooks the water. Be careful of tide times as the water comes in quite fast.Written August 4, 2022
- Gallery of 20th century British Art, excellent permanent collection and temporary exhibitions. Good cafe for lunch too.Written June 19, 2022
- Joined in the Goodwood atmosphere on Saturday 30th July 2022 for my cousins 50th Birthday..
The racing was fantastic couldn’t fault it at all.. Great seeing the horses running past us and seeing so many people winning !
Slightly disappointed with the cost of drinks (£40 for a jug of pimms) £55 for a bottle of Prosecco.. The organisation of serving at the bar was terrible!
I waited for over half an hour to get 2 drinks. During my wait people pushed infront of me and got served! When I did finally get to the bar the guy who was serving said to me the lady next to me was next because she’s been waiting for awhile!!! Well that made my blood boil.. bloody cheek of it ! She was one of the ones that pushed in.. When he finally served me I asked for 2 cans of lemonade, I went to pay and he said I could have them for free! I asked why and he said because I had been waiting for so long! I replied politely as I’m not a rude person, I was waiting so long because ‘You’ chose to serve someone who had pushed in and wasn’t waiting as long as me.. I was polite and said thank you for my drinks and politely suggested a bit more organisation with serving people .. One man had been waiting longer than me was told when he got served they couldn’t serve anymore pimms due to running out of the pitchers! He wasn’t too pleased!
Maybe line barriers to provide a queuing system. I’m surprised no fights broke out with the number of people waiting so long and others being so rude and pushing in!
£4 for a small tray of chips was expensive but because you can’t take in your own food you have to pay to eat.. It’s a shame they don’t let you take chairs in and food. I think it would make it an even better day out ..
Apart from that the day was brilliant! I would definitely return one day..Written August 2, 2022
- A great wee museum with some fascinating Roman antiquities. Plus, the staff were brilliant and knowledgeable. Recommended.Written March 27, 2022
- Andy is a brilliant skipper and it’s a wonderful ferry service. A great thing to do and then to walk into Bosham and back after a pint in The Anchor BleuWritten August 7, 2022
- So much to see and do in such a small area - the Cathedral, the Town Walls, the Bishop's Palace Gardens, the Market Cross plus every conceivable well known shop and plenty of good eateries.
The only downside is the exorbitant cost of parking in all of the car parks.Written July 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Chichester