What travelers are saying
- Absolutely brilliant museum. Didn’t even know Coventry had that much music history. Staff are spot on and are very friendly and informative. Well worth a vist and it’s a bargain at a fiverWritten December 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a wonderful museum and your ticket allows you to visit as many times as you like for 12 months which makes this exceptional value. It is truly amazing the exhibits set out beautifully with information boards providing details that brings everything to life. A nostalgic experience down memory lane for older people but a great insight into the motoring pedigree of Coventry through the decades. It provides an immersive as well as educational experience the staff are great and the shop and cafe are well worth a visit. A must visit attraction.Written November 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a truly wonderful tour with Mary. Her knowledge was extraordinary in all areas, design, construction, cultural references and the important messages of the cathedral. All was delivered with humour and pace. Best tour like it I ever had.Written November 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family visited the spectacular 'Luminate Coombe' event on Saturday evening 2nd December. The light displays were very imaginative and superbly executed. It was an extremely cold evening and I felt sorry for the marshalls but all of them were courteous and good humoured. Well done Coombe Abbey and Coventry City Council in offering a first class winter spectacle.Written December 4, 2023
- Excellent museum all round. A lot of information about the inventor of the jet engine, Frank Whittle, and how the British Government didn’t recognise the potential of his work and ensure the patents were kept up to date, so other countries were able to benefit from his research and make their own jet engines….. lots of model aircraft of all sorts, and real aircraft both inside the building and outdoors. You can get inside some planes and we were lucky to have the opportunity to climb up into the cockpit of the Vulcan bomber where an extremely knowledgeable guide explained what we were looking at (thanks Alan!) After about 3 hours walking round we were pleased to sit down in the cafe area and have a pot of tea. (They do have biscuits, chocolate and crisps, but no sandwiches or hot food) The shop sells aircraft related books and models. All in all a very pleasant visit.Written October 26, 2023
- My friends/colleagues and I (35 in total) booked afternoon tea at St Marys Guildhall for the 21st October 2023. It took a huge amount of planning and Mae the manger was great from beginning to end, so friendly and easy going. Through all the changes and various menus choices, including catering for a very specific dietary requirement she was excellent. We emailed (and met) each other so many times, Mae answered even on her days off within minutes, you could not ask for more. The actual day was great, the hall has a beautiful atmosphere the table settings were perfect and we could not have asked for more. Clean and slick service, lovely staff (the staff were wonderful) and they had a lot to do with 35 of us, my only issue it was over too soon.Written October 25, 2023
- We came to see the new wildlife photography exhibition, and it was nice to see Dippy. There is an admission fee for the exhibit but if you have a GoCV membership, this reduces the ticket price by quite a lot.
Well laid out exhibit, with photographs from the different categories laid out in four separate rooms. Well put together and some amazing, thought provoking pictures.
The 10 years and under category was the one that stood out for me. Very talented children.Written November 5, 2023
- The Belgrade is a fabulous venue for theatre and the arts and is an asset to Coventry City.
Went to see Cheeky Little Black, brilliant solo performance, moving and funny, I would recommend a visit, great night thank you Helen.Written October 25, 2023
- First time to Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve and despite it being a quite time for wildlife I saw quite a bit. A Jay, female and male Common Darter Dragonfly, male and female Gadwall ducks, Black-headed Gulls and Mute Swans. A really great walk well worth the visit will definitely go back in the spring.Written October 28, 2023
- Flying trip from Scotland, well worth the journey. Steve was so welcoming and informative. Throughly recommend to all Phil Silvers fans.Written September 27, 2023
- The Park is large and has diverse areas offering a range of activities for visitors. The cafe has been revamped and relaunched as a bistro. It is decent but probably not meriting that title. The offering is of very standard cafe lunch fare. All okay. PopularWritten September 22, 2023
- Certainly overshadowed by the Cathedral, this frankly stunning church has some impressive secrets to find. A medieval "Doom" painting is probably the most talked about, but there's also a fantastic ceiling, good corbels, grotesque and actual gargoyle, but i personally liked the paintings around the altar area which reminded me of Mucha crossed with Rosetti!
One of the stained glass windows also appeared to be if Jesus was a Marvel Character.
Fabulous.Written January 23, 2023
- We had an excellent evening at Grosvenor Casino Coventry, while watching the football match on the tv in the bottom of the area. Reasonable drink prices.
myself, I enjoyed the pint and pizza offer. Helpful and friendly staff.Written May 27, 2023
- In the village is a small micro brewery. The drinks are vegan and very reasonably priced. It was a very pleasant way to spend a sunny afternoon. We had cider which was delicious1Written May 9, 2022
- I know it’s only a statue of a lady on a horse but it is steeped in local folklore history. I’m glad I visited Broadgate whilst I was in Coventry. Other Towns/Cities have statues in their squares so well done for keeping up traditions.Written August 27, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Coventry
Coventry Attractions Information
|Thursday 11:47 PM|