- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Concerts & Shows
13 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Creation's latest outdoor family show Wind in the Willows is perfect for young families: short, jolly and totally interactive. It's less than an hour long and the whole time you're moving between different locations around the park, meeting different characters along the way and doing fun tasks with them. There's no sitting down, no fidgeting - and plenty of fresh air and fun (and social distancing)!Written August 5, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My partner and I had a fabulous evening at the theatre last night.
The updates and refurbishments are very welcome bright and clean.
The lounge was great our host was lovely attentive and welcoming
The drinks were perfect just wish there was a little more choice on snacks.
The A/C was wonderful and very welcome.
Well worth the extra even only to skip the lines at the bar pre curtain up.
Will definitely be booking again soonWritten July 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited last weekend to watch “ Educating Rita “ . Real issue with sound during the first half blamed on the actors not using microphones . When raise with management they supply hearing help devices although some didn’t work .. comfy seats . Long queues for the toilets as normal and expensive ice cream ... like any theatre !!Written February 10, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Holywell Music Room is mainly used for classical chamber music concerts, for which it has an outstandingly good acoustic. A recent Sunday afternoon concert organised by the Oxford Chamber Music Society and given by the Doric String Quartet was a case in point. the hall was full - we had to wait outside in the mizzle to see if they had sufficient spaces for those who hadn't bought tickets in advance, so arriving with plenty of time to spare (when they were still able to sell on the door tickets without constraint) might be a good idea.
There are no refreshments, and somewhat limited toilet access; some of the seats are just benches and other lack padding, but it's worth putting up with slightly uncomfortable seats for the excellent sound in this historic venue.Written January 17, 2020
- We watched a production of Sherlock Holmes and the Crimson Cobbles here on a weekend trip to Oxford. The theatre is tidy, clean and well presented. The cafe upstairs has a good range of food and drink (you can pay by card but have to go downstairs). The staff are friendly and helpful too :-)
The actual stage area is lovely and intimate - makes the play so much more immersive. Would thoroughly recommend. Be warned that it doesn't seem like there's much, if any parking. Wasn't an issue for us as we were walking, so we'd suggest you try and do the same if possible.Written October 29, 2017
- Nice little venue - we went along to see Jim Eoin. Parking is tricky, so give yourself plenty of time to park up. All good in the theatre, but the bar staff! They are well meaning but so slow and vague. Obviously a team of volunteers, they take an age to serve you.Written October 23, 2019
- Such a good night! We went last minute and it was so worth it! So good and hilarious acts! Brilliant night and reasonable bar too. Found it randomly that evening and went with not much knowledge, therefore not really any expectations... But it was so much better than we could have expected!Written December 6, 2021
- Excellent night well organised friendly v reasonably priced all welcome funny acts just an ace night!Written June 4, 2022
- Visited at the weekend . Alex the compare is the real star . Great priced comedy but get their early as tiny !Written September 9, 2019
- I have had the pleasure of attending a whole bunch of comedy nights produced by QED Comedy Laboratory: It's Debatable (where comedians draw motions from a hat then have to make up arguments - with hilarious results!), Punderstruck (quick fire puns), and a huge range of other fun formats. They never fail to make me laugh with a diverse range of local comedians and those who come from far and wide to perform at these nights specially. If you're visiting Oxford and want a flavour of the arts scene here, a QED show is perfect. Most shows are only a fiver too, which is great value given the quality!Written June 16, 2018
- Bad venue. Poor layout with bars by the stage so the queues block the front. No one who worked there seemed to know where the door to the smoking area was and then when staff pointed us to a door we were shouted at by security for using it. security took my drink from me as we weren’t allowed drinks in the smoking area (wasn’t aware) and then when I asked where it was to another security guard, he lectured me about leaving my drink unattended… which was a waste of £6 (for a pint). A good night overall because of the band but wouldn’t go back to the venue in a hurry.Written August 22, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Oxford
- These are the best places for couples seeking concerts & shows in Oxford:See more concerts & shows for couples in Oxford on Tripadvisor