- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
15 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Equestrian Trails • Horseback Riding Tours
Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
What travelers are saying
- I haven't been over to London in several years, due to Covid and I miss my excursions to Kirsty and her RossNye Stables very much.
I really enjoyed those early morning rides, so convenient on the trips where I had a full work schedule. I always booked at least one ride before I'd fly out again.
What always appealed to me about RossNye was the quality of the horses and how well they are treated. Kirsty and I enjoyed lots of mom talk, too, on those rides.
Please give her my very best regards!!
Maureen Nevin - was Asbury Park, now Ewing, NJ as of August 2021Written February 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We walked in Trent Park following our lunch at Gamberini Cafe and Grill in Oakwood.
We walked up Snakes Lane,then through the park to the Cockfosters entrance and then home,about two miles.
Its a lovely park,especially when the sun is out!Written January 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My granddaughters (ages 9 and 11) and I enjoyed a wonderful trek around Hyde Park on well-trained horses (Pippin, Charlie and Chase) with our knowledgeable and helpful guides, Zara and Lexi. It was a memorable experience to walk through the mews, down city streets and into the park. We strolled along the well-maintained sandy bridle path past the Serpentine Lake and spotted members of the queen's calvary exercising along the same trail. We enjoyed a nice trot along the flat bridleway. We savored the final stretch on Rotten Row as we returned to the picturesque setting of Hyde Park Stables. It was a wonderful day!Written April 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It was fun for the kids. They experienced something new. It gave them a taste of having lessons in a country style setting. They really enjoyed and wanted to go back again!Written March 31, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I booked this for my friends hen do and everything about it was great.
The communication beforehand was excellent, I had lots of questions and changed my mind about dates and numbers a few times but they were very nice about it.
When we got there all the staff were very patient and friendly, as a lot of the group were new to horse riding and really quite nervous but the horses and staff were fantastic.
They put on a little lunch and drinks after the morning of riding, which is lovely. Most of our group were vegans and vegetarians but we were catered for exceptionally well!
Would definitely go here again and would recommend it to anyone.Written August 17, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have been going to some Have a Go lessons for the last last 2/3 months. They are really good if you are a complete beginner as you have someone leading your horse and is there with you the whole time. In the lessons you try out walking and sitting and rising trots.
All staff are nice and usually friendly. However, some are not that social and won't even talk to you for the whole length of the lesson. If you get a good leader, they will check on you and give you extra tips. The lesson instructors usually give personal feedback to everyone in the lesson and will push you further in order to see you get better which is amazing!
But if you get to a certain point when you can walk and comfortably trot with the leader, I advise you get a private lesson as you won't be able to improve that much in the have a go lessons.
I had a private lesson with Darren yesterday and it was great! Luckily I had the last have a go with him as well so he knew my level and was able to get straight to what I had to work on. He will make you work in the lesson but you definitely get your money's worth!
The only downside I found is that it is really hard to get through to them over the phone. Although they will give you a call back on the same day, they called me at a really inconvenient time but I had to take it as then you are not sure when they would try again, if at all! I understand they are busy before lessons, trying to get everyone prepped, but turns out some of the receptionist also just don't like to sit behind the desk and go off to chat to other staff and ignore the phone calls as they come in.Written September 7, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My child is new to Home Education and the first group we ever attended was the Pony Club arranged by Rosa. We couldn’t believe the brilliant value and instruction from Gemma. She’s a lovely person in every way possible but sadly the same cannot be said for the management. Of course due to Covid the sessions had to stop and now they’re resuming we’re quite disappointed to find out that due to Ailean’s mismanagement my child will now be excluded from lessons as the number of riders has decreased. I’m appalled to say the very least. We would expect to have the previous agreement continuing post Covid. As an avid rider my child is sad to be let down and is considering going to a completely different riding school. For someone who’s meant to be so astute when it comes to management, Ailean really lets herself down. I feel she is a financial risk to ERS if she continues with this conduct.Written May 4, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Possibly one of London's best kept sporting secrets is horse and pony riding in the most unlikeliest of places. Under the Westway interchange of the A40 and Shepherds Bush Cross-link, and just 10 minute cab ride from Paddington, is the Westway Stables. The yard may not be the prettiest (the ground and buildings are the Landlord's responsibility} but the twenty or so animals are well cared for, and the floodlit menage arena is highly serviceable, whist the teaching is superb. The operation is especially suited for children from 4 years and up, and with inclusivity high on its agenda, tailor-made tuition is offered to people with all manner of disabilities. In addition to arena work, on road lessons are held through the urban side streets and hacking is possible. The ethos is to be friendly, down to earth. being ideal for entry level without airs and graces, but high on safety with ease of access to the sport at affordable rates. The yard will loan you boots and hats, and you can choose between school or private lessons. It is not fancy, it doesn't try to be, but it does achieve results and works with you to meet your needs. Oh yes, the stock have largely been bred by the yard, and they are sound and traffic-proof. What’s not to like?Written February 21, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My daughter has been attending this riding school for 6years now and I had to continously push them to move her to a more advanced group,otherwise she would have still been in the beginners group until today.the teaching is apalling,all she does in the group session is walk and occasionally trot around the arena.lately, lessons started up to 30 min late,price went up to £25/h,but there is a total lack of interest from the teacher or management to introduce any new elements in lessons.it's the absolute same thing every week,it's really disgusting how they just get your money and do nothing for it!horses are sad and lifeless,they barely drag their feet,they are sometimes mistreated and dragged around against their will and even whipped hardly to make them move.most teachers are totally clueless,lack interest and just come and go (the very few good ones also left,they must have had enough of it).If you are looking for a serious school where you want to progress,stay away.If you just want a cheap poney ride,this is the place.most recent reviews are from people who went there for a one off session.but for someone who has been there every week for the last 6 years,believe me and stay away from this place,or you will be stuck paying for low quality and zero progress.Written November 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about London
- These are the best places for kid-friendly horseback riding tours in London:See more horseback riding tours for kids in London on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking horseback riding tours in London:See more horseback riding tours for couples in London on Tripadvisor