Military Museums • Historic Sites
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Speciality Museums • Historic Sites
Admission tickets from $20.47
What travelers are saying
- Interactive and interesting venue with loads of information for all ages. Really informative and worth a visitWritten May 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great fun to climb up the outside of the rigging to the first then second platform and out about ⅔ along the spar. Ticket also gives access to the museum. Highly recommend!! (you can also buy the photos of the climb for £6-12)Written April 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Had a walk to look at this magnificent ship. Well worth popping to see it in all its glory. Very interesting and I am glad we stopped offWritten February 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I visited on a Sunday and took an excellent guided tour, which explained the history of the sloop, how it was converted into a Livery Company HQ and its service during the second World War. Especially interesting are that it served as an escort on conveys and fired the hedgehog anti-submarine projector.
I thoroughly enjoyed the interactive experience of steering the ship on the convoys (it’s not just for kids). The digitally reconstructed engine room presentation is excellent and provides a clear explanation of how oil fired boilers produce steam to drive the turbines which turn the ships propellers. There was also an interesting exhibition on the Lascars (Asian Seafarers), which was supported by an informative video.
The guide, staff and volunteers were knowledgeable and friendly and helped to make this a very enjoyable visit.
The ship is close to Temple tube station. You should check opening times before visiting as it is presently open only on Sundays and Mondays (April to October 2022).Written May 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about London
- These are the best places for groups seeking ships in London:See more ships for groups in London on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly ships in London:See more budget-friendly ships in London on Tripadvisor