Points of Interest & Landmarks • Bridges
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Historic Walking Areas
City of London
What travelers are saying
- The bridge is pretty amazing. It looks great in the day time and is super crowded. It looks even better at night with the lights on. Thusly amazing.Written November 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a fun bridge across the Thames. It is an interesting design, there are no cars, and you get nice views of the river and the surrounding architecture. The view of St. Paul’s as you cross is particularly striking.Written August 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Historic bridge which is still in use today. Doesn't stand out as much as other bridges so worth taking a few minutes to see but the Tower Bridge is more interesting.Written August 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walking along Westminster bridge at night you can see some fantastic views of Big Ben, the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament.Written November 21, 2023
- Albert Bridge is one of the nicer bridges on the Thames. It’s also one of the older bridges. Very narrow entry way for cars. Great at night as well.Written May 21, 2023
- I walked to Waterloo Bridge from Holborn station to see the River Thames. The view from this bridge is lovely.Written June 22, 2023
- When in London you could sometimes be a bit disturbed about the traffic situation but.....not on this bridge, solely walking with a nice view!Written September 12, 2023
- Blackfriars Bridge is a road and foot traffic bridge over the River Thames between Waterloo Bridge and Blackfriars Railway Bridge.
Take a walk from St. Paul's Cathedral to this bridge. Excellent photo spot!Written June 23, 2023
- Stayed nearby and is another old London Bridge with history. Distinctive red sides make it a focal point for the area. Can get busy and another great south/north of the river connectionWritten October 31, 2021
- Used the bridge multiple times during the coronation weekend staying in the Novotel hotel. It’s not as grand as the Westminster bridge but the view down the Thames and of the Parliament and Lambeth Palace are a treat. It’s also less busy than it’s neighbouring bridge.Written May 10, 2023
- This arch bridge for traffic links the district of Southwark and the City across the River Thames. The 244-meter-long bridge was completed in 1921. The riveted bridge is enhanced by a beautiful multi-color paint scheme.Written July 10, 2022
- Chelsea Bridge is located near to Battersea Power Station. It’s a nice old bridge but certainly not as interesting as Albert Bridge up the road.Written June 22, 2023
- The area is impressive to visit, to see how the canal now sits alongside the modern structures and adds to the ongoing changes in london and it’s suburbs. While there we enjoyed seeking out both the bridges ( the fan bridge is a minute away ) after watching them in action on you tube.Written April 18, 2022
- Not the best for sure but a nice old bridge crossing the Thames. Prefer Tower Bridge but this is a nice historic one.Written November 24, 2019
- The Barbican Centre is located in the city of London and is really close to Barbican Tube Station which is on the Circle, Metropolitan and Hammersmith & City Lines. It is also a short walk from Farringdon station which has connections to Thameslink and the Elizabeth Line.
Surrounding the venue there is alot of housing and also some walkways to get to these. They are above the traffic which is a really good way of separating the pedestrians from the vehicles and preventing accidents.
The Highwalks criss cross allowing you to get to different destinations safely and there is an open feeling and it is not claustrophobic to use them. I only found one ramp along with some lifts for those who struggle with stairs.
Good planning architects!Written September 9, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about London
- These are the most romantic places for bridges in London:See more romantic bridges in London on Tripadvisor