Top Attractions in Keswick
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This is quite a steep walk with a bit of rock climbing thrown in but the views over Derwentwater and more distant Bassenthwaite make it well worthwhile. Take note of the vagaries of Lakeland weather and wear stout walking shoes and all should be fine.Written August 1, 2022
- We visited Keswick and Derwent Water in February and more recently at the end of July. In one word the place is stunning. We loved every second of our visits and have been in rain, high winds and beautiful sunshine! The photos speak for themselves ... and to us this part of the Lake District is definitely the most picturesque.Written August 3, 2022
- A nice walk out from Keswick, with great views and an interesting stone circle….. with ice creams as long as you are there before 16.00hrs!Written August 12, 2022
- This was a fun activity for a rainy day. It took around an hour to get round, though there is potential for it to take longer if you wanted to spend a while revisiting certain things. The gift
Shop has a very good selection of pocket money priced toys. A family ticket was well priced and easy to buy online.
Be warned, it’s best to book when it is rainy or during holidays, it can also feel quite busy and there isn’t much space to move around in.Written July 29, 2022
- Their latest play - One Man, Two "Gov'nors" - is a modern take on "The Servants of Two Masters".
It was absolutely brilliant - not to be missed. The whole audience was laughing throughout.
The talent of the actors was stupendous - brilliant live music, very clever timing in the "slapstick" moments and excellent portrayal of the characters in a pastiche way.
Don't miss it!!Written August 14, 2022
- We did the whiskey tour with Janice. She was a great tour guide - very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the distillery and how it works. The tour is interesting and it was great to learn the history of the buildings. The buildings are stunning. The whiskey, vodka and gin are really good as was the coffee and scones. Most enjoyable couple of hours.Written July 31, 2022
- Fabulous place for a couple of cold local beers, or local gins. Staff friendly and informative. Drank our beers in the beer garden then bought more from the shop to take back with us. Went a couple of times during our stay. Would again when back in Keswick. Shame no brewery yours on at the moment.Written June 17, 2022
- Take Cameras and Binoculars. Great views, especially of Cat Bells and watched Buzzards circling. Best time very early morning or late afternoon. less traffic. Very narrow lane and steep walk if you park at bottom or 2nd Car Park. National Trust pay machines, free for members.Written July 17, 2022
- The whole experience was great but the guy doing the Bird of Prey talk was excellent. He was informative yet had a very likeable comedic personality. Would go back again just to see another of his talks.Written August 9, 2022
- Great little museum that starts with the discovery of wad (graphite) to the south of Derwentwater and its use in manufacturing cannonballs then on to pencils. I love an industrial museum. Explains sandwiching graphite between layers of cedar wood. Relates use of hollowed-out pencils to smuggle maps to Prisoners of War to help them escape. The museum was so busy that it was hard to read the very well thought-out information boards easily. For this reason and also for later interest, I would have liked to buy a guidebook, but there was none. The cashier said there used to be one but it was discontinued. She added that visitors kept asking for one! It seems a strange omission. I bought ‘Pencil People’ from Keswick Museum for £10, which is very good, but I would have liked a proper Pencil Museum guidebook.Written August 12, 2022
- Amazing scenery even on a cloudy day. Footpaths and maps to show walking routes around the lake. Car park close by with onsite toilets. Lots of paddle boards out on the lake some amazing views. A nice place to sit and take in the world.Written August 3, 2022
- Decent little museum with information about local poets and artists, a stone xylophone that you are allowed to play, some old taxidermy and examples of wares from the Keswick Industrial Arts Society. You can buy lovely replica items and interesting books from the shop. I bought a little copper stencilling kit for £4.50 but the instructions were missing so I don’t think I am doing it right! The cafe is shut on Mondays but the one over the road in the park does great coffee, churros and scones.Written August 12, 2022
- I read a lot of reviews saying this is an easy walk, so if you’re after that make sure you go up the left side path and back the same way!
We walked from lakeside car park, around the lake for a short while before coming up to Walla Crag from the right side (as you’re facing it). This path is very steep, very rocky through the woods. We enjoyed it as relatively experienced walkers but it’s definitely not an easy way up. We then came down the opposite side which is a very easy (but steep in places) grassy bank. Great loop for us, took 2.5hrs including 30min stop at the top. The views are amazing over the lake and long the Valley.
Overall would suggest our route for the loop, wouldn’t fancy coming down the rocky side. Or for the easiest option come up and down the left side.Written August 8, 2022
- I climbed this with my husband, although I had no idea where I was actually going. If I had realised how high I was going I probably wouldn't have gone lol. Having said that, I absolutely loved it. It took quite a long time to climb (about an hour and a half) but apart from one bit is actually quite a gentle incline and so worth it. Stunning views from the top and even a bench to sit on! If you are in relatively good health with have no particular hip or knee issues got for it.Written July 23, 2022
- Lovely garden with some family activities…putt putt and little electric boats. Really loved our visit.Written August 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Keswick
- The best day trips from Keswick according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Mountain Goat Full Day Tour: Ten Lakes Tour of the Lake District
- Ultimate Full-Day Lake District Tour: 10 Lakes, Amazing Scenery & Lake Cruise
- Lake District Adventure Sightseeing Day Trip from Liverpool
- MANCHESTER: Lake District Adventure - Sightseeing Day Trip Tour
- Full day Private tour of the Lake District