*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Long sandy beach and fab views. We come here a few times a year ie Summer and Autumn/Winter.
Would love to live near here never get bored of the views.Written November 7, 2023
- This is our 3rd consecutive year here at WGB in November - we L.O.V.E it
Yes, the weather is unpredictable - but that's how we like it.
Obviously, it's out of Season - we wouldn't have it any other way!!
The Bay is beautiful, but sad to see how with each year's passing the beach becomes ever more troubled with debris - Thankfully ALOT of people do a beach clean whilst they are here!!
It will ALWAYS be a 'special' place for us.Written November 17, 2023
- Lovely beach, really clean and great for children.
We parked in the car park next to the holiday park all day for a tenner. It was easy to find and had loads of spaces. The access to the beach was flat which was good and made for a stress free day.
Toilet facilities were ok and the local cafes were great too. Fab day out.
Oh and we loved the dog ban, would be good if it went on until end of September (rather than August 31) like some of the beaches in Cornwall.Written September 1, 2023
- The entrance fee is acceptable at £13.90 for a senior admission. The animals seemed happy and contented in their enclosures and there was a reasonable mix of animals to view. There wasn't a great selection but we were pleased with what we did see. Two members of staff were in various locations throughout the day feeding and introducing the animals and giving information for the visitors. The animal crackers slot was really well received by the children who could be hands on with the skulls and skins available to view. The food outlets were clean and produce available at acceptable prices, not over inflated. Of course Cornish Pasties were on sale which were very tasty and the coffee was good too. Overall we had a good day 10am until around 3pm.Written October 1, 2023
- This is such a lovely unspoiled beach with a vast expanse of sand meaning that even when it gets busy here you can still have a bit of privacy. There is a big national trust car park and the walk to the beach from there is only about 5 minutes. If you visit, try and avoid the Gull Rock Cafe (you will pass it on your walk down) it’s overpriced, the food is very average and the menu is very limited.Written September 15, 2023
- My husband and I enjoyed a walk along this lovely beach. Weather was good for time of year and very quiet and peaceful with very few people. We have stayed and surfed in most of the areas in Cornwall, so great to find one we hadn’t been to beforeWritten November 23, 2023
- Beautiful National Trust Property not far from Newquay. Great snapshot of life through the ages. Good cafe and a Barn where you can dress up in peiod costumes.Written November 11, 2023
- Breath-taking, affordable, 5* treatment!
This place has the most incredible views, high end appliances and furniture and an oversized balcony. It's affordable rates compared to the others in the building is surprising given it offers 24 hour support and pure luxury across the road from the best beach in the UK!Written December 10, 2023
- My excellent husband found this amazing beach and we spent a day there recently, all I can say is stunning, my favourite beach I’ve ever visited, did not try the shop or cafe but there is a toilet close by for anyone to use, 120 steps down (not as steep as whipsiderry beach) and lovely clean beach. Dogs allowed, and we spent all day there and will be coming back, parking wasn’t an issue as car park right by steps (limited spaces but we managed better than parking in Newquay town centre), so as a treat I’m going to by my wonderful husband a motorbike, I’m so lucky to have him (written on behalf of my wife and what I think she would say) see you soon lusty gaze.Written August 19, 2023
- Extremely clean, warm pool, lots of lifeguards and staff cleaning, not too busy, children loved it! Changing facilities were great.
Only issue was that there isn’t a toilet with a baby changing table. So I was unable to go to the toilet with my baby as the child seat that was there wasn’t suitable as she is too young to sit up. I waited for my husband and son to come out so I could use the toilet, however if I was there alone with my baby I don’t know what I’d have done.Written July 21, 2023
- Loads of fun, 7 year old said it was the best golf ever! Even in the rain we enjoyed the game. Affordable fun.Written September 3, 2023
- We were recommended to visit these gardens by our coach driver on a tour to the area and they did not disappoint. The area was well planted with some very old stately trees and despite the dull drizzly weather there was colour to please the eye. Plenty of waterfowl around too and local people clearly enjoying their space. The cottages looked lovely although we didn't have time to visit thoroughly, one of them is now a local museum. A pleasant way to while away a morning or afternoon.Written October 2, 2023
- Visited the beach and hired body boards from Towan Surf Hire right on the beach. The rates were really good and the service terrific ( as were the waves). The surf gear is also in very hood condition!Written September 21, 2023
- We would highly recommend a visit to the Blue Reef Aquarium in Newquay. The building looks a little tired; however the range of animals that they look after is fantastic. We watched some of the animals being fed and listened to the staff member giving a talk, it was fascinating to hear all the facts which captured us all! It was sad to hear about the past lives of some of the animals; however they are well looked after now. The highlight of the visit was seeing Omiros the sea turtle, reading about it’s sad history and how well it is being looked after now. We booked on line prior to the visit with the entry cost being very reasonable. The cafe was dog friendly although you can not take them around the aquarium. We would highly recommend a visit if you are in Newquay.Written November 4, 2023
- Stunning clean and quiet beach which we have been visiting for many years now. The beach doesn’t have any lifeguards so is recommended for experienced swimmers.Written August 27, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Newquay
- The best day trips from Newquay according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Essential Cornwall - the "must see" places
- Full Day Private Tour of Mid Cornwall Mines and Gunpowder Works
- Full day private tour of the North Coast of Cornwall
- Full-Day Private Tour in South Coast of Cornwall
- Full Day Private Guided Tour of Poldark Filming Locations
- The most popular things to do in Newquay with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Newquay Activity Centre
- Cornish Wave Surf & Adventure
- Quiksilver Surf School Newquay
- Fistral Beach Surf School
- Ticket to Ride Surf School - Watergate Bay
Newquay Attractions Information
|Monday 8:13 PM|