Top Attractions in Clearwater
What travelers are saying
- Stunning falls and easy to access. Quite a water drop and deep canyon views. Wells Gray Regional Park which is has a good road through.Written July 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a great campsite next to the river and a creek. This was fantastic, so our one year old could dip her feet in the water.
There are every sort of biting insect what one can think of. Mozzies, black flies, other flies… Those big flies, which bite chunks of skin off were the scariest.
Anyway, we had a great stay. Did a 2km hike up to a lookout over the river which flows past the campsite. It’s a bloody step climb we weren’t aware of in the end. Sorta scary to carry a one year old in a carrier bag, not to fall out slip away. But the view was fantastic. On the way back, we went past dragons tongue and a close by waterfall. That waterfall is a must do too. Great to sit there and get cooled down after such a climb and to day.
The cafe got yummy food and nice waiters. We have seen hummingbirds over there.
Really in awe with this place, regardless the biting and stinging insects.
Dearly recommend that place.
PS: There is a full day boat trip offered. We missed it as the boat leaves quite early and no departure time is mentioned anywhere. Sadly figured it out the day after when we dined in the cafe that we are just an hour too late. The boat leaves BBC at 10:30am.Written July 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited the Spahat Falls, Helmchen Falls and the Dawson Falls on the same day. I would recommend visiting all three as they are all different and worthwhile.Written July 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing falls in Wells Grey Park. The speed of the water as it races towards the drop is incredible. You can view from one place a few hundred yards from the car park or walk a little further to see the water drop over the edge. I’d recommend this option to appreciate the full majesty.Written July 24, 2022
- Abousulty fabulous falls where you can walk underneath you get rather wet so I would advise to bring a change of clothingWritten June 9, 2022
- Maverick gave us a list of favourite hikes and we loved every single one. We also bought the guidebook Exploring Wells Gray Park and found it informative, helpful and entertaining - loads of great stories about the people and places of the regionWritten August 4, 2022
- When all the other parks are full, there's room here! We finally went and enjoyed the proximity to Clearwater. After the day's activities, it was a quick drive to Dutch Lake. The campground has lots of trees between sites and a fun playground. I wish there was a shower building and flush toilets, so that's why it's only 4 stars. Park staff were very friendly.Written August 3, 2021
- If you’re moseying around on a Saturday morning swing by the market; grab a coffee at the Kettle explore our vendors and finish with breakfast cooked by the Elks. A great way to start the weekend!Written February 26, 2020
- Often pop in to read or use wifi while on vacation. Comfy chairs and friendly staff. Library also often has books for sale. Great for vacation reading.Written February 13, 2018
- Best place to chill with family during the day, a little side trip to Wells Gray Park/ Helmcken Falls and enjoy the MUSIC in the evening. Camping or there are some cabins and accommodations available along the N Thompson River. Shirley, your hostess definitely with the Mostess!!! You have to try her cheesecake during the break at the Long weekend festivals!!! Love this place!Written February 27, 2020
- Beautiful falls, it's not easy to get there. You have to look for sign "Woodlot Licence 301", and park there.
After that is pretty step climb. Need good shoes and pole.Written July 18, 2021
- Before leaving Clearwater we visited this visitor centre to get some information for the area. Friendly staff and very helpful. We did visit the Spahat Creek Falls as the staff told us about it. There is so many thing to buy in this visitor centre, not only souvenirs.There's a snack corner, too.Written February 29, 2020
- Only place for miles to go to the bathroom. Nothing much here but some bathrooms and pick-nick tables along the North Thompson River.Written July 15, 2015
- What an amazing adventure for our family! Thanks to the staff at the awesome Riverside Adventures for a super-memorable day! Harry and Dylan were great guides and shared not only their fantastic river rafting skills but also great knowledge and history of the area. The hike to the waterfalls was an extra treat and made for a really full adventure. Great vibe all round and big shout out to the availability of an outdoor shower that was super appreciated given we were camping at the time. We will definitely be back!Written July 26, 2022
- Fantastic trip with my two teenagers (15 & 17) and I. Really good set up, professional and safe, and great rafting guides. Stunning scenery. Rapids were good fun but not terrifying. Even saw salmon leaping up the river and two eagles close overhead. The owner/boss was very welcoming and all the staff could not have been more pleasant. Thanks for a great time. Simon HWritten August 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Clearwater