Tours near Granby
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- A in-depth view of firearms from 1880's to today. Featuring domestic, international and government/military firearms.This hidden gem is tucked in a town 40-minutes east of Montreal. It is something i would highly - HIGHLY - recommend to anyone interested in museums about history involving world war firearms, modern firearms and Canadian Military firearms history.
This is one of the largest collections I have personally seen. The amount firearms is truly impressive. The museum is located in the lower level of a house. The amount of pieces tucked into the building without feeling crowded is shocking. The wood cabinetry is well done and shows a lot of care has gone into the presentation of the pieces.
There are rows upon rows of neatly organized firearms by manufacturer, all with a database # to look up each individual firearm from the collection. Using this computer database posted a few times throughout the inside of this deceivingly large place. You could look up the manufacturers, who donated it or origins of the firearm, as well as information about the manufacturers themselves.
There are many art pieces throughout showing a respectful nod to various military groups from WW1 or WW2 history, as well as showing historical pieces from the axis powers. There are many blades of various types, miniature firearms as well as flare and blank guns.
There is an excellent exhibit featuring the firearms of Guy Lafleur. The caretaker of the collection is incredibly knowledgeable. He spent a number of minutes answering any question, which is how i learned of the story behind the Lafleur Exhibit.
The pieces in the museum are not antique, featuring designs originating from the late 1800's (1890's etc) through the modern era. There were long guns from the Czar Nick's Russia, the USSR, China, WW1 and WW2 and post-war Germany, US, Commonwealth (NZ, Aus, Can, UK etc). Handguns featuring the many variations of the Luger, C96, alongside impressive - full Beretta, Ruger and other manufacturer lines.
There is a Bren Machine gun on the floor where you can see up close and personal the feel of the gun. Everything is under surveillance so don't take advantage of their kindness. Behind the glass there are examples of the MG34, MG42, dp-28 and several other larger MG's. A lot of impressive engineering behind the glass.Written June 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Zoo washrooms were plentiful and very clean. This zoo was definitely one of the better zoos I have visited. My kids loved the petting zoo (especially the pig).Written September 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When I think of winter fun, I picture people tobaggoning and skating. That is what was happening at Parc Daniel Johnson yesterday. The temperature was crisp but the sun was brilliant. Although there wasn’t too much snow, there was enough to make the hills slippery. Right outside the visitor center, there was a simple skating track where people of all ages were enjoying the weather. It inspired me to finally get into my skates and learn to skate. 2019 will be the year.Written December 28, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went with my 12 an 9 year old kids and they Loved it! Feeding the chipmunks, the squirrels, chickadees an seeing the wonders of nature in all its glory was a great way to spend the day! The price to go around is super cheap which makes it a great activity to enjoy anytime. Bring your camera if you enjoy taking pictures, bring a picnic for you and bird seeds for your new animal companions that stroll in the woods. Watch where you step because chipmunks run everywhere and around your feet. You'll have a great time!Written June 28, 2020
- Very clean, well run facility. Washrooms were clean. Nice grandstands, main area had all new planking. Corner stands offer a different perspective. Races were well run, next group lined up and ready Togo on the track immediately. Would return.Written May 11, 2022
- My daughter is obsessed with Alpacas so when I found this farm, I thought it would be a great opportunity for her to walk her own Alpaca on a leash. It's about 1.5 hours outside of Montreal, with the traffic. We arrived by 11am and were told that there was already a 3 hour wait for the alpacas and we wouldn't be able to walk them that day. We were disappointed but they told us there were two fenced off areas ... one with baby alpacas and one with the adult alpacas. They had us convinced at the baby alpacas! We decided to do apple picking too, while we were there since it's much cheaper than any orchard in Montreal (only $5 entrance and then $20 for 20lbs of apples). We visited the petting zoo and goats on a whim decided to ask again about walking the Alpacas .... and as luck would have it, they had openings! So we got to walk them too! It was a dream come true for my daughters. Lots to do here, and we enjoyed our full day.Written September 17, 2019
- very nice mountain to hike, especially in autumn with all the colors. nice views from the top. It's also a nice place in wintertime for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.Written June 11, 2019
- Granby is not that small town it used to be; one can find great restaurants and enjoy a good show at the Palace. It was nicely renovated a few years ago and in my opinion, it's a good size theatreWritten April 25, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Granby
- The best outdoor activities in Granby according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Granby on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Granby with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Zoo de Granby
- Centre d'Interprétation de la Nature du Lac Boivin
- Parc Daniel-Johnson
- Verger Champetre - Gite & Compagnie
- Club de golf Les Cèdres
Granby Attractions Information