- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
8 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Campomarino is a wonderful beach town in upper Salento, popular with vacationing Northern Italians, local families with second homes, and in-land residents from surrounding towns enjoying its beautiful beaches, restaurants, and nightclubs.
The beach is very long and characterized by calm turquoise waters and warm yellow sand. Some spots have small rock formations in the water as you enter, others are completely rock-free. Unlike in many popular beaches in the area, you can find large stretches of free beach to park your umbrellas and chairs. But in August, go to a beach club (reserve in advance), otherwise, you will be packed like a sardine (this applies to Sundays as well).
Like most beach towns, Campomarino is dead during the day (everyone is at the beach) and comes alive in the late afternoon/evening. August is a spectacle and if you like calm and tranquility visit in mid-season (May, June, September, even early October).Written January 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Australians like us are always biased when it comes to beaches, but this one was truly spectacular. We expected a rocky beach, and here was a glorious sandy beach, clear water with gentle waves and it was free! You have to pay to sit on the better known touristy beaches of Italy or rent a deck chair, but here we just trotted down twice a day from our rented house, and we loved every minute of it. The area is a bit remote, you need a car to get around and to visit the many wonderful towns, villages and restaurants nearby - but who is complaining? We'd recommend it without reservation, especially if you are travelling with children. Safe beaches, lovely inexpensive food, the best pizza we've ever eaten and fresh seafood. It was the perfect holiday and we are already planning the next.Written February 6, 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This part pf Ionian Sea is wonderfull you can find a lot of place where the nature is again uncontaminated, flowers Sea lily on the sand dunes that in Campomarino are tipic . A place to visit going i. Taranto to the Museum with a beautifull collection of old greek jwelsWritten August 26, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A very small town Centro, it is nevertheless very beautiful and if you are visiting or staying nearby it's worth visitng. However, it wont' attract me or you for a special visitWritten June 29, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- visited this quiet town and passed this amazing church filled with history a joy and a must if you are in the areaWritten December 5, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stayed at one of the comfortable apartments at the Residence this summer and had a fantastic week. The Residence is located close to the beautiful beach. The owner and staff are very friendly and the food is really delicious. We will absolutely visit again.Written August 25, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Invited by some friends ; I spent a warm summer weekend at Tuareg. The beach club has definitely families as main cluster of attention , so be ready to have a lot of kids around, The sunbeds are too numerous so space to move around limited . The neach and the sea are lovely and look well kept . The bar with good wine list and good food options will benefit of staff more smiling ( that is also free of charge)
Pratically no parking facilities , as said for 24 hrs it can be okay , for a longer stay I will look somewhere elseWritten August 28, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.