- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
10 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Campomarino is a wonderful beach town in upper Salento, popular with vacationing Northern Italians, local families with second homes, and in-land residents from surrounding towns enjoying its beautiful beaches, restaurants, and nightclubs.
The beach is very long and characterized by calm turquoise waters and warm yellow sand. Some spots have small rock formations in the water as you enter, others are completely rock-free. Unlike in many popular beaches in the area, you can find large stretches of free beach to park your umbrellas and chairs. But in August, go to a beach club (reserve in advance), otherwise, you will be packed like a sardine (this applies to Sundays as well).
Like most beach towns, Campomarino is dead during the day (everyone is at the beach) and comes alive in the late afternoon/evening. August is a spectacle and if you like calm and tranquility visit in mid-season (May, June, September, even early October).Written January 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Beautiful beach totally uncontaminated! Gay, nudist, and heterosexual are welcome.... come and discover the Apulia!Written August 8, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This part pf Ionian Sea is wonderfull you can find a lot of place where the nature is again uncontaminated, flowers Sea lily on the sand dunes that in Campomarino are tipic . A place to visit going i. Taranto to the Museum with a beautifull collection of old greek jwelsWritten August 26, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very elegant and well organized structure. The staff is friendly, helpful and welcoming. The prices are really moderate. The restaurant offer is excellent. The sea is not disputed, crystal clear water and a sandy beach. The only drawback, the lack of dedicated parking.Written July 5, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We stayed at one of the comfortable apartments at the Residence this summer and had a fantastic week. The Residence is located close to the beautiful beach. The owner and staff are very friendly and the food is really delicious. We will absolutely visit again.Written August 25, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Maruggio
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Maruggio:See more nature & parks for kids in Maruggio on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Maruggio:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Maruggio on Tripadvisor