Top Attractions in Fanore
What travelers are saying
- Located on the outskirts of the small village of Fanore, the beach is well signposted. We went in February, which meant we had the beach to ourselves for a while. There is a free car park and toilet facilities onsite, (closed out of season). Information boards tell you about the area. Access to the beach is via a boardwalk but there are great views of the beach from a well made wooden platform. The beach is sandy and bordered by dunes which are roped off as they form part of a conservation area. The beach area is beautiful, great photos can be taken. Well worth a visit.Written February 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A lovely walk to get away from it all. Met very few people on this loop. Started off by going left out of Fanore beach car park, & took right turns there after until coming back to the carpark. Start off with road surface & then the climb starts on the grassy surface. & it is a climb, & just when you think you have reached the top, you go around the corner, & there is another little hill. But once you reach the top of that hill, it is downhill all the way home. Lovely views once you get back on the road surface heading back to the carpark. Took 3 hours, with about a 20 min stop for a picnic lunch.Written July 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Our children (aged 11,13 & 14) had a lesson with Sarah this week. They have had lessons all over Ireland and Cornwall and said it was the best lesson and most fun they have ever had surfing (even saw Dolphins). Ali was so friendly and helpful when booking and on the day. We will definitely be back to Aloha Surf School. Highly recommend for all ages for lessons or rentalsWritten August 5, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Really enjoyed this experience even if it wasn't a fine day. Anne is a very friendly and knowledgeable person and we enjoyed talking farming with her. So nice to be off the beaten track and almost have the place to ourselves. Thank you so much for generously sharing your little slice of paradise with us.
From the NZ gate openers :-)Written September 11, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We hiked the looped trails on our own using the maps we received at the information center in town. The 11 of us took the shuttle to the park, and enjoyed the beautiful wildflowers, ponds, trees and thjick moss! It was a wondeful experience. The weather was full of variety that day (sun, rain, wind, calm) just like to flora!Written August 21, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Fanore
- The best day trips from Fanore according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- From Galway: Aran Islands & Cliffs of Moher including Cliffs of Moher cruise.
- From Galway: Guided tour of Cliffs of Moher and The Burren.
- 12hr Cliffs of Moher, Galway Bay & Old Irish Whiskey Distillery est. 1757
- Private Cliffs of Moher Day Tour
- Chauffeur Tours from Galway
- The most popular things to do in Fanore with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Fanore on Tripadvisor