- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
84 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 84
What travelers are saying
- This place is for lovers of calm, it has a tropical climate where you can enjoy it, it has excellent services. You can relax in the shade of one of the many parasols. When you arrive at Playa de los Delfines you can see that its services are free, there is even a beach for children, I recommend this place because it is amazing how the dolphins are well trained and very beautiful. What makes it really look like an unforgettable experience is its surroundings, since it has a spectacular country ideal for resting.Written June 9, 2022
- Ooooohhh just an unbelievably GORGEOUS beach! We were blessed with 3 perfect days just sitting and relaxing on this pristine beach. Clean and well maintained! Food trucks near by if you didn’t pack a lunch.Written July 22, 2022
- Really scenic beach and we had a lovely breakfast watching the groups go out to swim with the turtlesWritten May 27, 2022
- Maya Chan is the perfect place for a family to spend the day. My wife and I went with our two teenage sons and another family with their teenage daughter. One of my sons lounged in a hammock all day and the other took a really, really long swim with me out to the reef. My wife pretty much sat in a flotation all day with people bringing her food and drinks. The level of personalized service is exceptional. They treat everyone like family. Truly, it is the personal touches that make Maya Chan stand out. If you're wondering what to to in Costa May for your cruise port stop, you should spend the day at Maya Chan.
Reef/Swimming/Snorkeling: The water was surprisingly shallow for quite some distance. There is a reef system, which is about a 20 minute swim (with fins). My son and I same out there wearing life jackets. I wouldn't do it without the life jackets even if you're a good swimmer. The reason being that the water doesn't get too high above the reef in certain places. It was best to simply float and let the water take you wherever the current flowed.
We got really lucky in that Maya Chan is shutting down until the fall. We were there on the last day.Written July 3, 2022
- Playa Mahahual is a beach with probably fifty different side-by-side bars/restaurants/beach/massage destinations. Each one has its own deal to offer. The reef is a few hundred yards off the beach and acts as a breakwater. (snorkeling there is supposed to be good and you can get a boat there for $30 for an hour or so) There is also a netted 'fence' that blocks some of the seaweed from coming ashore. There are openings in the fence where you are able to walk thru to get to deeper water.
Four of us from a cruise ship took a taxi ($4 each one way) to Playa Mahahual. Went to the far end near 40 Cannons and then walked back toward the ship several vendors. The deal we chose was for $10 each, we received a beach chair and a canned beer or soft drink, use of their bathrooms, shower, and wi-fi. We chose a place in the shade. We ordered ceviche and it was a huge portion and was really really good. I wish I could remember the name of the place. I remember that their brick and mortar part was white and about three steps up off the road. On the way to the restrooms, they have a pit with trees and turtles.
There are definitely vendors that come thru offering their wares but they were not obnoxious like you find in Jamaica.
One of our friends got a massage there (many many massage tables in Playa Mahahual) for $30 for an hour.
I got a massage from Mariusci Velo several vendors 'back toward the middle", just past YaYa. It was excellent and $20 for an hour!! Ask for HER specifically because others at the same location were terrible.
Mind you, this beach is NOT fancy or pretentious in any way. Nice beach with lots of tourists like us.Written March 21, 2022
- Long road to the part and we missed it the first time going by. Worth the admission price. Lighthouse, alligators, boat ride snorkeling. Beach. Spent several house there.Written July 9, 2022
- We love going to El Cielo. It is awesome to see and have the stingrays swimming around us. The water is spectacular!!Written April 19, 2022
- Great food, the place is at a very nice seafront with the excellent server named Aurelio !
Reasonable prices and very cleanWritten July 6, 2022
- Paulina was the star of this show. Her prompt and smiling service was without a doubt the glue that bond together a good beach club experience and dinner trough a 3 night stay. (We had breakfast in three different places but here since we are early runners, so picked up fresh made juices from Inés juicery 3 blocks from Pez Quadro\40 Canones Hotel)
The hotel by itself got the best shape beach around. Sargazo (sargassum) is always a “threat” but not alway so present. We are lucky to see none of it (oct 2-6) and Paulina bringing promptly octopus and shrimp Cebiche as good as Noohoch Kay one (restaurant next door well ranked). Creamy guacamole, chips and cold beer to fill up our tumblers synthesize the therapy.
Dinner was a surprise because we expected next to nothing. We were wrong, porcinni and seafood risotto was on point both texture and delicate flavor enough to allow seafood to shine. We had as an entree “Octopus dorado” pan fried in garlic olive oil, with sun-dried tomatoes, spring onions, black olives: great flavor but texture not as great of the fresh octopus ceviche at the beach club.
This is our third visit in the last two years, we always had avoided their restaurant service since the first experience was one not to be mentioned.
So this was a great surprise. We are looking forward to return and meet again with smiley Paulina.Written October 5, 2020
- We went looking for the Bioluminescence and found a great place to see the sunset. The lagoon was beautiful.Written June 17, 2022
- Very nice island & excellent service
The food was very good, Very Clean, we enjoyed our vacation on the islandWritten August 9, 2022
- Snorkeling with about a dozen turtles was amazing. A little bit of a circus as you could not free roam in the bay with your own snorkeling equipment however given it is such a honeypot for trippers to see turtles the restrictions do offer the turtles some piece. The facilities (toilets, lockers and showers) were very useful. The beachfront restaurant was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed a couple of drinks in the shade watching the bay and people go by. Well worth a visit.Written July 24, 2022
- Very popular place during spring break, not just students. Much has changed and grown in the four years I've been away. Lots of bars! There are several guys to go snorkeling with. Prices seemed to hold steady, $20, or I got a deal because I was near the boat as they were loading up 8 others. Prepare to get splashed on rough or windy days. Wish we were allowed more time, maybe it was just are group?Written March 27, 2022
- It was okay. The beach wasn’t too crowded but you do have to rent an umbrella for $20 if you want shade. There is an outside shower up the way so you can rinse off. There also isn’t parking so you’ll have to go up the block and find a place.Written May 8, 2022
- If you’re looking for a laid back, low-key beach away from the crowds and mass market of Cancún this is for you. Nice cocktails, seafood and beach huts, perfect fine white sand. Only down side is the omnipresent sargassum seaweed. More needs to be done by the government and businesses to find a sustainable solution to it!Written June 13, 2022