Popular things to do
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Ski & Snowboard Areas
- Cultural & Theme Tours
- Tours & Sightseeing
- Hiking Trails
- Top Picks
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Ports of Call Tours
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Walking Tours
- Special Offers
- Yoga Classes
Top Attractions in Lake Tahoe (California)
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This was our favorite part of Lake Tahoe. We purchsed the combo ticket that included the mountain coaster. Beautiful views from the gondola and chair lift. Beautiful views from up top. Enjoyed the coaster and would highly recommend. The coaster ride was one time only and it was quick but worth it.Written September 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Somewhat difficult hike but worth every step. The pictures we took look fake because everything is majestic. The castle at the bottom of the trail is unique and we were sorry we couldn’t go inside. We loved the Tea House on Fannick Island too, imagining how difficult it would have been to build back in the day.Written September 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent tour of an amazing place full of fascinating history. The house is beautiful and designed after Viking architecture. We decided to take the trip from Camp Richardson by boat and it was well worth it. We avoided the mile walk up and down the path to Vikingsholm and the short ride was beautiful, especially the entrance to Emerald Bay. It provided a close up view of the small island in the bay with a tea house on top of it. There is a beach on the shore after your tour. Some great hiking is available if you choose to park and walk the path down.Written September 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Did a lot of trails around Tahoe and liked the views on this one best. Even if you only do a little starting at Bliss Park (it is a long trail) you won't be disappointed.Written September 20, 2022
- I would have rated it higher but for a couple of issues: some of their descriptor signs are so faded they are illegible and the stream view room was closed.Written August 20, 2022
- knowlegable tour guides , very interesting site. Fancinating place with nice trails and beach for picnicking . Interesting gardens.Written September 18, 2022
- The movie will tell you things you never even thought about. These were some tough, courageous people. I don't know anyone alive today that could have done what they did. The movie is a little old but full of soooo much great info about these people. You've got to visit to appreciate.Written September 21, 2022
- If you can do the Vikingsholm trail hike to get down here, then you can easily do this one. It’s short and you are rewarded with a stunning waterfall at the end. It is uphill, but not nearly as bad as some others.Written August 9, 2022
- So, this is a site where you can see Emerald Bay in all its glory, accompanied by interpretative signs. It is a must-do, BUT the lots nearby are often filled to capacity. So, my wife and I had to park far away and walk uphill to the vista. There is traffic coming in both directions and you are walking right near the road, quite dangerous! Once you get there, it is worth it, but be forewarned about the crowds.Written August 21, 2022
- Moderately tough hike (beyond the tree line, it is just rocks and boulders).
Beautiful views of all the lakes around the mountain. Amazing 360 view of the Lake Tahoe at the summit.Written May 22, 2022
- trails were marked well, we only got a little out of the way once. The waterfall was not as big as expected but worth the hike up on a beautiful day.Written June 30, 2022
- We spent a few hours on the beach. There is shade to be had if you are visitors like us without umbrellas! The sand gets really hot though so water shoes are definitely needed. Our friends ventured into the cold water, I stayed put reading! Lots of parking and space on the beach. We arrived about 2 pm in the afternoon.Written August 2, 2021
- We weren't sure about parking, how to get to the falls and the bay. It all worked out and we scored a late afternoon kayak and trip to Fannette Island (only island in Lake Tahoe). Emerald Bay was serene and Eagle Falls has good views!Written August 17, 2021
- We arrived at the park around 7:45 on a Saturday. We got the next to last parking spot so the parking fills quickly. There are several places to park. We parked at the entry to the Lighthouse trail. The Lighthouse trail is good but the actual lighthouse is nothing exciting. We took the Rubicon trail for a while and then backtracked.
Parking is $10 and when the park fills up, you have to park on the street and walk a mile down to the park.
We enjoyed the park and the hiking. The beach area is pretty nice too.Written September 5, 2022
- We were there early in the morning which was good for driving around but nothing was open. Still a neat place to seeWritten September 21, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lake Tahoe (California)
- The best day trips from Lake Tahoe (California) according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Lake Tahoe Small-Group Photography Scenic Half-Day Tour
- Wild West Day Trip from Lake Tahoe with Train Ride
- Small-Group Day Trip to Yosemite from Lake Tahoe
- Full-Day Lake Tahoe Circle Tour including Squaw Valley
- Ultimate Lake Tahoe Self-Driving Audio Tour