Mountains • Ski & Snowboard Areas
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Whistler
Admission tickets from $15.94
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Well worth the funds to ride up to the top of Whistler mountain, take the peak to peak gondola, and hike the beautiful alpine trails! A great time!Written October 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a nice walk around the lake one morning. Nice pleasant experience and not a demanding walk. Would recommend.Written October 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing day! We booked a 3 run taster pass based on our fitness which was the perfect number for us and a half day bike rental that came with full face helmet, gloves and elbow and knee pads. Everyone was so friendly and helpful with getting on to the gondolas and making sure we knew where we were going. The trails themselves are so well maintained, easily signposted and a huge variety for all abilities. Can't recommend enough! There's plenty of places to grab a drink in between runs and great atmosphere all round. The queue for the gondola goes down really quickly and you get to see other trails as you head up the mountain.
We rode the green trails which are equivalent to an easy blue in the UK but a lot more fun, so would recommend having some experience of mountain/downhill biking, and make sure you know the etiquette of being on the mountain, more for your own safety and that of others using the trails. But you'll see people of all ages and abilities up there so don't be put off!Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful water falls but if you are visiting in the morning, you may not get to take good picture of yourself with waterfalls. if you are falling short of time and you are on the way to Joffre park, I would suggest to skip this.Written October 24, 2022
- We had a fantastic time at the Sliding Centre, our guide and pilot were very knowledgeable. It was very fascinating to learn about how the track was built and maintained. The ride down was exhilarating! We would definitely do it again, maybe this time in the Winter!Written July 29, 2022
- short and easy walk with great waterfalls and bridge crossing themed to fit the train wreck. Be cautious of trail bikers who emerge out of the woods and be prepared to share the space. This is graffiti on the railcars not street art.Written October 18, 2022
- Great experience and the guide was excellent. She explained about the different canoes, totem pole and weaving techniques. All in all an short great synopsis about aspects of the history of the Squamish peopleWritten November 6, 2022
- This is one NOT TO BE MISSED. there are 3 lakes formed from the waters of glaciers. The lower falls, middle falls and upper falls. Lower falls is just few mins from parking
The middle falls is 2.5 KMs and will easily take around 2 hours to reach there. The lake is so clear that you can take symmetrical images of mountains from this lake.
On way to upper lake, you will also get to see a small but beautiful falls.
The upper late is another 15 mins from middle lake. but its all worth going to the top. you will see glacier top mountains and water coming down to the lake... amazing views.
1. No mobile connectivity at this park. you may download offline maps before coming to this destination.
2. Be care full while trekking down as the route could very slippery. I myself tripped multiple times... :)Written October 24, 2022
- If you visit Whistler you must make time to do this.
Allow plenty of time. It can take a lot longer to get to the top of the mountain than advertised and the suspension bridge and viewing platform open later and close earlier than the gondolas. We visited as it opened at 11am and I would highly recommend this to avoid the queues later in the day.
From the top of the gondola you then have to ride an open ski lift to the highest point. This is amazing in itself as you leave the noise from other people behind. It is silent apart from the water flowing down the mountain.
It was in the middle of a heatwave when we visited but there was still un-melted snow at the top. The views are absolutely stunning.
Use mosquito spray before heading up, they are rife at the top of the gondola.Written August 26, 2022
- portable stools are great idea. Indigenous artifact labels are not educational and only relevant to a curator. Gallery guide is in book format only and would be more useful if snippets easily available close to the collection pieces. The dance screen is phenomenal to experience but you are hot provided with any context or background or understanding how it would "work." So many opportunities missed to engage the visiting public.Written October 18, 2022
- a variety of forest habitat types with a plethora of mushrooms with some great lake viewpoints and memorable picnic logs and snack boulders. We are pushing 70 and it was a very worthwhile challenging all day hike leading to a great sleep that night.Written October 18, 2022
- This area is wonderful. Great place for a photo next to the Olympic Rings. Walk over the short stone bridge to view the little river.Written November 10, 2022
- My wife and I took a day trip to the Callaghan Valley from Vancouver. We purchased day passes from the user friendly website. On Monday we left at 8am and arrived around 945am. Drive was easy, traffic was light. Woman running the rental shop was very good. Pleasantly surprised to learn that as grandparents we got the Monday parents discount. ($17 off rentals). Glorious sun filled day. Perfect conditions. Spectacular scenery. All sorts of terrain to choose from. Not crowded at all as we shared to trails with a only few families. We skied for about 4 hours and ate our packed lunch brought from home about half way thru. Returned our rented skis and had an easy sunny drive home. A great day in the snow. Wonderful facility practically in our backyard.Written March 16, 2021
- My wife and I have been riding bikes up in Whistler for several years and have ridden this trail in parts before. This year we purchased e-bikes and thoroughly enjoyed the immensity of this trail system. You can safely bike throughout the area and feel safe. The trail system is well-marked and paved, making biking easy.Written September 26, 2022
- Want to channel your inner biathlon rifle shooting energy? A Biathlon Rifle Shooting experience at the Whislter Olympic Park will satisfy this desire. We went up on a sunny Sunday to be shown how biathletes shoot their 22 rifles at distant targets. With the demo done, it’s time for you to follow their lead and fire away at the targets. You are given the option of choosing a wide or narrower target. I did pretty well on my first round, then moved to the narrower target…it was more challenging...have to keep your sighting really steady.
It’s interesting to hear the guide relate of the routine the biathletes go through. Another interesting thing is that the positions visitors shoot from are the one closest to the wind blocking wall. These are the priority ones for the athletes would compete to get, as the ones farther away from the wall would encounter more wind, which can affect the shooting.
The Biathlon Shooting is done in a social distancing manner. Disc Golf is also offered. The Biathlon experience is offered Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday until August 30th. There is also a winter Biathlon shooting experienced offered.
After our shooting experience, we hiked around, catching a look at the ski jump set-ups. The big bonus was walking around in the fresh alpine air.Written August 23, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Whistler
- The best day trips from Whistler according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Whistler and Sea to Sky Gondola Tour
- Whistler and Sea to Sky Gondola Tour
- Whistler Sightseeing Tour from Vancouver: See Horseshoe Bay and Shannon Falls
- Whistler Day Trip by Seaplane from Vancouver
- Whistler Small-Group Day Trip from Vancouver
Whistler Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 12:38 AM|