National Parks • Hiking Trails
Top Attractions in Tofino
What travelers are saying
- Lots of beautiful trails and beaches in this park. Can spend days doing all the hikes and visiting the beaches. Beautiful views! Some National Park special ranger activities as well. Park pass is needed.Written August 2, 2022
- Beautiful beach - unfortunately was cold and cloudy when we were there. Need to pay for parking at this beach.Written August 2, 2022
- Found a place with a little shade and lots of sand and sun to play in all day long. Close to the washrooms and showers which made it easy to leave at the end of the day.Written August 11, 2022
- Two trails A & B - both with stunning old growth forests. Nicely laid out boardwalks - reasonable short hikes but lots of stairs. Very popular hikes.Written August 2, 2022
- Super quick service , special feel about the place, beer flights brought to you within seconds and some very interesting and tasty ones too. Just wish we’d had enough time to re visit.Written July 28, 2022
- Exactly what I hoped a natural hot spring would be. The boardwalk was like walking into another world and the hot spring was just what I was looking for, rugged and amazingly beautiful. If you are looking for a "hot tub" type experience this is not for you, but if you want to experience natural beauty then do not miss this.Written November 5, 2019
- Beautiful short hike through forested areas down to the beach. Not crowded. Short easy hike that was really enjoyable. One of the access points is currently closed due to construction but the main access point to the trail is still open. Free parking close by.Written August 2, 2022
- The trail is steep in places but a lot of it is boardwalk. Great views once you get down to the beach.Written October 2, 2021
- Great waves but in August not so crazy that you're scared. Lovely beach that you can easily spend an entire day enjoying.Written August 11, 2022
- Whilst on our tour with Remote Passages, we were taken along Clayoquot Sound and other inlets. AmazingWritten July 1, 2022
- A cross between a garden and forrest.
There is a small garden with flowers and plants but much of the site is forest with some sculptures.
There are goats and chickens
It has a small gift shop and cafe.
Worth a visit, fun, lovely and a quiet respite.Written June 22, 2021
- The Big Tree Trail was an impressive hike - more like orienteering - with a small board walk to begin with, about a half hour walk to see some impressively big trees, but for us, we went further on the loop - another two hours, a little muddy, but good hiking shoes held me steady, some step ups and downs over fallen logs. Very pretty and so worth it. Took some decent photos, but the camera was too heavy, and wouldn't take it again. Took the Meares Island taxis over and back and enjoyed a guided history from Vince. Also, well worth it.Written July 2, 2022
- We spent a good time in here reading about Roy Henry Vickers and looking at his work. Then linking the art to the la es we now knew- a powerful experienceWritten July 28, 2022
- This was tough but worth it! It took 2:30 up and about the same down. We have no hiking experience but fairly fit and able. Down was harder and a bit scary at times, we went fairly quickly with 1 stops and it still took as long to get down as up.
When we got to the top we couldn’t see a thing, too much cloud cover. 20mins later it was clear. Well worth the hike for the view.
The ground was very boggy at the bottom and slippery then going into a steep incline holding roots to help pull us up. Quite the adventure!Written September 26, 2019
- Recently attended this location. This offers a nice view with its surroundings but nothing out of this world. I see others posted pictures of the canso airplane wreckage, this site IS NOT the location of the wrecked plane, although very not far.Written July 5, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Tofino