Top Attractions in Jasper
What travelers are saying
- Amazing waterfall. Well worth calling in to. Not fully accessible for wheelchairs doe to steps but could ve viewed from dideWritten November 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The advice from the information point - start from lower carpark, go up the canyon, enjoying the views, taking photos, reading the detailed information boards. The return to car - few options, all downhill. That worked for us really well!
We couldn't try the restaurant at the main carpark, because we came too late.Written November 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sun shining and white ice/snow. Spectacular. Magic to walk on and think how deep this glacier is. Silent and fresh. MagicWritten October 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The views were beautiful and lunch on the mountain is a must or just a drink. Local brews are available. We ate bison chili and bannock. Would walk back up it was so good. The staff was great and answered all the questions we had. Lots of reading once up top about the history of the area and names of all the mountains.Written October 27, 2022
- We visited Pyramid Lake in the morning with a guide. She was informative and told us about the different mountains, different colors of the trees and effect of the beeltes on the trees. A great place to take beautiful nature photos.Written November 6, 2022
- Had an amazing time learning to ski - had Philip as instructor and Freddy ( GJS) - thanx Freddy for being soo patient with me - truly appreciate it
Philip is soo much fun!!!! Made my day!!!
Trisha MillerWritten December 5, 2022
- This is perhaps the best view of/around Maligne Lake; however, you have to work for it! The trail up is incessant and much of it is on a gravel road. Do not take the shortcut on the way up - leave it for the way down!Written August 2, 2022
- This information centre is a good place to stop for all your touring needs. The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful (and friendly!) with plenty of maps, pamphlets and good ideas to share. There is also a gift shop which is remarkably well-stocked with interesting merchandise to meet your last-minute, panic shopping requirements. The building is kind of nice too.Written October 22, 2022
- My husband and I finally made it to Jasper and we were excited to experience the Dark Sky! Kayleen did a wonderful job inside the dome explaining so many elements of our night sky, the history of constellations, and galaxies beyond. Then we went outside to look through various telescopes with Shane & Devon. We had anticipated seeing greater detail of the planets, both Jupiter and Mars were visible, but I guess we were naive on that part. Everyone was very knowledgeable and passionate about their jobs. We highly recommend the Planetarium for your next visit to Jasper!Written December 5, 2022
- This was a hyped up hike so decided to go for it. The views at the start are amazing. You get lovely views of the river and Jasper Town. Take all your photos at the start as after that, you are in forest and meadow areas without the panoramic views. But it was a short fun hike and if you’re looking for great views local to the town, this is one to go forWritten July 19, 2022
- This drive from Jasper or Banff is always fantastic and never the same. Weather has a factor on views with Columbia Ice Fields and so many great spots for viewing and pictures.Written October 17, 2022
- We hiked Opal Hills by Maligne Lake May 13 and there was still lots of snow, but we went in early am and it was crusted over so you could manage fine with just cleats. (You have to trek across the snow bound parking section that isn't plowed to reach the trail head.)
Go into this thinking that it's really steep and you'll be fine. It's pretty steep! And in the trees most of the way. We didn't do the loop due to avalanche risk, instead we went up to the lake lookout point 650m total elevation gain and back the same way. Take right trail fork. Lots of moose/elk tracks, also possibly wolf tracks as there are no dogs allowed (much larger than coyote prints.) Spectacular views on a clear day. No one else seen on trail on a Friday morning.
Would also like to see it in a summer setting as well.Written May 19, 2022
- Beautiful nature encounter; started with the Discovery trail around Jasper and ended doing Mina Lakes. Right in bear land (did not encounter any!), but saw dear and just enjoyed this beauty around town trailsWritten October 15, 2020
- When you visit JPL you must visit the gallery ... it has always been wonderful ... all of the art is very expensive but it is totally worth visiting,Written July 12, 2021
- We love this place and had a great talk to the owner. We purchased a porcupine quill jewelry box which was just amazing. There were lots of other things we would like to have bought but space in the suitcases was limitedWritten July 11, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Jasper
- The best day trips from Jasper according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- 5.5-Hour Jasper Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour with Maligne Lake Cruise from Jasper
- Jasper National Park Tour: Maligne Valley, Medicine Lake and Spirit Island
- Banff & The Icefields Parkway | Small Group Active Full Day Adventure Tour
- Banff to Jasper One-Way Tour
- Lake Louise to Jasper One-Way Tour
Jasper Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 5:20 PM|