Popular things to do
Admission tickets from $48.58
What travelers are saying
- We stopped by these falls as an afterthought, and so glad we did. It was a beautiful short drive on hwy 93A, after visiting Edith Cavell glacier. If you go to Athabasca Falls, be sure to walk all the walkways and take a look at the descriptive signs. There's quite a bit more to it than just the main falls, though they were spectacular. We spent about 45 minutes here and really enjoyed it. Note that the walks involve stairs, so not accessible to all. Plenty of parking.Written September 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After more research when we arrived at Bridge #5 we decided to just drive to the Bridge #2-4 and then walk back to #1 and back to the parking lot. Some nice views of the canyon and waterfalls but I don't think the rest of the hikes were worth it. You have better places to be in this area for the day.Written September 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Columbia Ice Field was well worth attending. Dillon easily helped to load me atop my wheelchair first into the van, and the into the Ice Explorer. (A wheelchair is not the familiar mode for a former Ice Capette, but 18 years of MS will wreak some havoc. In my skating days, I skied just west of Calgary when on tour, as it wasn't written into my contract to not do so. And when one is age 19, the quads allowed snowplowing down mountains, as I skied only a handful of times in my life: in Canada and near Denver, never enough to learn how to stem christie).
I typically use a SmartScoot (rather quickly) but instead took the wheelchair just for the Columbia Ice Field event. It then also meant using the latter and arm power beside Lake Louise, and also in the Plus 15 skywalk in Calgary. Very kindly locals volunteered to push me from my hotel to the mall and back. People in Calgary, Lake Louise, Banff, and Jasper were all extremely friendly and kindly: so very appreciated.
My husband got off of the Ice Explorer and walked around, plus obtained some fresh, cool, tasty water there that he shared with me. I was in a wheelchair, yet lowered from the Ice Explorer to the snow level. Ben kindly picked up some ice for me and packed it into a snowball for me to be able to experience it. (Although a tad tempting, I resisted throwing it at anyone, ha).
Dillon, Ben, and my husband were truly wonderful in allowing me to experience this, especially given my limitations. Thank you greatly. Dillon and Ben handled everything so very well with my wheelchair--so folks, if you have a limitation, don't let it stop you from experiencing this. Kudos to all!
Also, the Icefields Parkway is a must...I understand that the mountains only appeared taller than the Colorado Rockies. The views were magnificent. And the lakes and streams along the way were so very clear and of a gorgeous aqua shade.
Bottom line: I highly recommend this!Written September 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a busy lake. I did not expect there to be this much activity and amenities here. Very lovely and the hikes around the area are great. We spent our time hiking MOOSE LAKE LOOP and KAYAKING.Written September 12, 2023
- Great way to see everything from above. Then climb to the very top on your own stean, only way to do it!!Written May 30, 2023
- Patricia Lake loop was not great. Felt like a waste of time. Pyramid Lake however was lovely and a nice short stroll.Written September 12, 2023
- Beautiful scenery and worth the hike. You can just do a short walk up to the glacier. Definitely recommend going in the morning to get a car park and to have the sun on the glacierWritten September 20, 2023
- We did the Maligne Lake and Spirit Island boat cruise. The scenery is so beautiful it looks exactly like the postcards. The journey to and from Spirit Island is made even better by the commentary by Connor and the expertise of the Captain Brooke. Would do this cruise againWritten August 28, 2023
- This is the most AMAZING place in the Jasper National Park, a must see. the drive up is wonderful and then as you reach the parking lot, another world comes into view. Take a short hike to the foot of the Angel glacier. The towering cliffs will take your breath away. When we were there, the clouds were hugging the cliffs, streams of pure glacial water was flowing down the Angel glacier, and the air was crisp and cool. We wanted to just sit there to take it all in, to realize how insignificant we are in this grand place.Written September 15, 2023
- I booked the planetarium only experience, and was not sure what to expect. However once I entered the dome, the visuals were inspiring, with great and educational commentary from our guide Tyler. Tyler's friendliness, knowledge and recommendations for star gazing made our experience 11/10.Written August 17, 2023
- Considering this locatipon offers a 1hr in and out hike, it NEEDS a larger parking lot. On the way up to Jasper we gave up on this palce due to the cars. On the way down it wasn't as busy so we visited it.
The upper falls is by far more pretty and accessible. The lower falls was nice but not sure if it was worth the hike.Written September 11, 2023
- Skiing was soooooooooooo fun I wanted to stay for 1M years soooo good I recamend it! Pro skiing is what I did there. Todally go!!!!!Written June 15, 2023
- While the road is mostly very flat and well made, I did see two major accidents along the way. September was dry and the road smooth. Along the way there are many scenic places to stop, with mountain views, waterfalls, lakes. Food stops are not cheap, so it is better to stock up in Jasper or Banff.Written September 19, 2023
- Given that glaciers are retreating at an alarming rate I was conflicted about taking the tour given the number of visitors, and vehicles on the glacier. In the end, I think it was an educational experience that I’m glad I got to share with my family.Written September 22, 2023
- I did the tour and skywalk combo and was happy with what I got for what I paid. It was very well organised and explained.
I booked for 11am and arrived early but there was no room for me on an earlier tour - it is very busy at the moment so this wasnt a surprise really !
You cant really come here and not do this !Written September 13, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Jasper National Park
- The best day trips from Jasper National Park according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- 5.5-Hour Jasper Wildlife and Waterfalls Tour with Maligne Lake Cruise from Jasper
- Jasper National Park Tour: Maligne Valley, Medicine Lake and Spirit Island
- Athabasca Glacier Snow Trip from Banff
- Banff & The Icefields Parkway | Small Group Full Day Adventure
- Full Day Guided Glacier Hike on The Athabasca with IceWalks
Jasper National Park Attractions Information