Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- A historical site belonging to Sassanid dynasty with almost 1700 years of age. It is located in Kermanshah city and if your are visiting Kermanshah you should also pay a visit there. It has a lovely environment that you can rest and relax after visiting the site and there are a lot of delicious restaurant near by.Written March 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Opinions are divided as to what this structure really is. There are 3 platforms forming the tell, each with different types of stone walling indicating different periods of construction. The finest stonework is that of the lowest platform. There are many column drums and shattered stone fragments outside the Southern entrance steps, several of which probably came from the triple peristyle which once surrounded the platform on all sides, which are 200m long. The top is very uneven, and there are no visible structures. There is also a flight of steps near the NE corner, and nearby the entrance to a tunnel which a local told us runs under the mound. While th external collonade is very reminiscent of Greek work, the Northern wall of the second tier is Sassanian work with curious semi-circular towers. Excavations have not been particularly thorough, and have done little to solve the mystery of the structure's function, or even from when it dates.Written November 26, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Niloufar Lagoon is the largest lagoon of Kermanshah province, which is twenty kilometers from Kermanshah, where there is a parking lot for cars and toilets.
Niloofar is one of Kermanshah's natural tourist attractions and be sure to visit there.
The scientific name of the Niloofar flower is Nuphar Lutea.Written October 28, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Province of Kermanshah
- These places are best for points of interest & landmarks in Province of Kermanshah:See more points of interest & landmarks in Province of Kermanshah on Tripadvisor