- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- What a charming attraction. Lovely staff who explained the mechanics of the workings of the tramway. Well worth a visit. Saltburn by the sea is like a visit to by gone days with modern facilities.Written October 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent short cut back up the hill when you have walked miles and very friendly staff.. looks scarey at first but so smooth and quickWritten October 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is like a little bit of magic in a crazy crazy world. I loved it…& I’m 43! Defo have a look around the shop! This can be a short trip or long, there’s a lovely walk at the top & a nice pub, then Roberts Park at the bottom so it can be a full day out.Written September 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pretty good transport system around Sheffield and during my recent visit to Sheffield, was quite convenient for me to travel from Meadowhall to Sheffield city centre (the first time I rode it since two decades ago - following which I moved out of Sheffield as a kid) - took roughly 15-20 minutes - and then Weston Park (for which I got off at the University stop). Still remember riding it sometimes as a kid between Sheffield cathedral and Meadowhall and apart from the recent tram-train extension to Rotherham, the system hasn't changed a great deal, although the old trams still seem to be working well for the most part. My only issue with the system is that while it is relatively good and convenient for areas like Middlewood, Meadowhall, the city centre & Halfway, it isn't particularly extensive around the other parts of the city (especially compared to the Metrolink in Manchester) - definitely should be extended in the future to places like both the Hospitals (Northern General & Royal Hallamshire) including the west of the city, the business areas to the east of the city near Catcliffe, and the south and south west of Sheffield. But apart from that, it was good and I do wish there were more tram systems like this around the UK.Written September 11, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Yorkshire
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tramways in Yorkshire:See more tramways for kids in Yorkshire on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tramways in Yorkshire:See more tramways for groups in Yorkshire on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tramways in Yorkshire:See more budget-friendly tramways in Yorkshire on Tripadvisor