Art Galleries • Architectural Buildings
Showing results 1-30 of 143
What travelers are saying
- What a great venue. If you want to buy or view art or decorative objects mostly by Mexican artists go there. Located in an old converted factory building. Great way to spend half a day! It also has 2 very good cafe's within the place for a quick bite or drink.Written November 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was walking quickly back to the hotel since my flight was leaving in a few hours and I spotted this beautiful butterfly art piece called “metamorphosis”. It called me. I stopped, quickly talked with Alfredo and told him I wanted it. He gave me the price and I gave him my cell phone and off I ran to catch my shuttle. Alfredo followed up with me the next day, I was able to pay him and he sent me my butterfly. It arrived in less than 10 days (I live in Mexico) but I have no doubt they could ship to the US with out a problem. They let me know when it shipped and followed up again making sure I received it and it was in good state. They have beautiful art pieces in the store. I can’t wait to go back and spend some quality time in there. The service and follow up was amazing! I highly recommend them!!Written October 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This an amazing place to see so many unique pieces of art from all over Mexico. The setting of the galleria is also stunning and next to a great house.Written November 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great shops with local vibe and friendly staff. Took my family of 5 here ages 3-7 and they all loved the experience. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes.Written April 8, 2023
- It was so fun taking Jane Dill’s mixed media art class. Jane is a thoughtful teacher covering many techniques in just a 2 day class. She has every supply you will possibly need and encouragement to go for it! Loved meeting the other students and sharing each individual’s vision and inspiration. I can see why so many students repeat her classes. So much to experiment with and different ways of accomplishing a unique piece of work to take home. Amazing how much information Jane covers and at a good pace with a nice lunch break to visit. Suzanne, Jane’s assistant is a real gem also. Keeps our supplies clean and always ready for creating! I highly recommend taking one of Jane’s classes…. It won’t be your last!Written December 2, 2023
- Ted's work is by far the best photography in San Miguel. His attention to detail is supberb and he has a wonderful creative eye that stands out in Mexico. He's also a really nice guy who listens closely to what your needs are and leaves his ego behind, which we all know many artists are incapable of doing. I have visited his gallery many times and each time there is always something new to enjoy.Written January 24, 2023
- They had a lot of of nice things. About a third of it is food, but we didn’t go into that section. The rest of it souvenirs and neat things buy. You’ll probably get a better deal on most things here than in the Centro, although they didn’t deal on the prices. They were very friendly and accommodating. The place is larger than it looks.Written March 20, 2023
- The gallery art is amazing. I feel lucky to have the opportunity to see a Dalí painting. I hope to return soon.Written December 4, 2023
- Very nice place, several shop option in same place, a small market in one place, restaurant, bar (good wine), sea food (Marlin recommendable) you can order different kind of author food and beverage, great place and just some steps from down town, with an excellent service.Written March 24, 2021
- Nepantla Gallery, owned and operated by artist Isis Rodriquez, is one of a kind gallerty, located in the Independencia neighborhood of San Miguel de Allende, about a 20-minute walk from the Centro. Isis is a gifted teacher and artist. I attended her latest show, which is inspired by her exploration of "modern love," through her use of tech platforms such as Tinder, and online dating. Her experiences as a 55-year old woman, led her to create new male and female archetypes, for which she is well known. My two favorite pieces in her new show were "Mexican Viagra" and "Nurse Purse" both visually potent examples of Isis' work. The still life of flowers from this series was also visually arresting. If you are in San Miguel and want to experience a highly personal art, visit Isis' gallery. She is very friendly and welcoming.Written March 8, 2020
- As soon as you walk into the gallery you can feel in your bones what a unique and special place it is. The artwork is so delicately curated and there is something for every taste. I was lucky enough to be there when the owner, Natalie, was around, and we had a memorable conversation about art and life. She's a GEM of a person.
I would say to make sure you visit Arde when you find yourself in San Miguel de Allende but, actually, I'd encourage you to GO to San Miguel with a visit to Arde as the driving factor. Even if you don't buy something during your first visit (but don't make the mistake of depriving yourself), you'll have feasted your senses for an afternoon.
I can't wait to go back.Written November 22, 2023
- If you are looking for produce, this is the place to visit. Plus you can find tortillas and flowers and just about anything else. A good market, but not too exciting.Written January 24, 2019
- First thing you see are lots and lots of ceramics, both huge and small. Then you see the masks, again large and small. And there is lots more to see. Great place to visit even if you are nort interested in buying. Staff patient and informativeWritten February 18, 2020
- I went to an art show about the women who once worked at this bordello by Jessica Antonelli and her students that was fascinating. They are located inside a colonial hotel with kind and welcoming staff.Written January 1, 2016
- Get away from the over=-priced, over-hyped tourist markets and visit a real market on Tuesdays. You can buy anything that you want, from fresh produce to live birds, to clothing and tools. Great food to eat as well.Written February 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Miguel de Allende
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in San Miguel de Allende:See more shopping for kids in San Miguel de Allende on Tripadvisor