Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- I can’t believe that I have not written a review for one of my most favorites places in Bahrain… cant believe I missed doing so all this time…. the Riffa fort….
It is a quiet little place tucked away close to the bustle of the Riffa soukh…Depending on which route you take to reach it, Riffa fort suddenly lends to a calm and serene environment after you have driven through the crazy busy traffic of the Riffa Market.
You can walk through the fort and feel the historic past of those who would have resided there. It has a small but beautiful museum that you can enjoy.
It also holds a café where they serve traditional breakfast during the mornings and then tea and snacks during the day. The café closes at around 1700hrs. They have seating on a glass faced veranda that provides a beautiful view of the Hunayniyah Valley and at the sky line you can see all the way to Manama. Though the café closes post sunset you can go for a stroll to the fort and enjoy the view at night too.
Winters are the best time to sit and enjoy some beautiful calm moments with gorgeous views and yum treats and summer evenings are not that bad either.
A must try for all those who have a fresh air fetish.Written April 4, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Spend few weekends with a Danish Archeology team visiting to recover burial mounds in Bahrain. Amazing insight how cheftains mounds were built like a modern day spacous apartment, but below earth for their burials. Nearby authentic Bahraini restaurant for breakfast is recommended.Written September 13, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had such an amazing time at the races. Wonderful atmosphere and great opportunity to see beautiful horses from all around the world racing in Bahrain!Written February 19, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Riffa
- These places are best for sights & landmarks in Riffa:See more sights & landmarks in Riffa on Tripadvisor