What travelers are saying
- Long Beach NY is beautiful--it's like Coney Island, but without all of the seaside resort-type stuff.Written October 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great beach clean beach however parking expensive . Restrooms were clean ( fir a beach ) chair and umbrella for rent .Written July 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great public beach on LI. One of our favorites. Boardwalk. Sports. Swimming. Beach. Gatsby's is a treat.Written September 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing place for a beach day! From the scenic drive over the ponquogue bridge to the great waves this spot has it all. I’ve spent alot of time at this beach, fishing at the bridge and jetty or soaking up the surf and sun: Big waves and good vibes!Written August 5, 2023
- The whole shore is beautiful. Atop the Fire Island Lighthouse, you can see it all! I went to Kismet beach in August of 2022. It is stunning! The shore is vast and the water is very shallow with little waves. The shore is perfect for all ages, and the water is the perfect temperature. The shore is also very clean. Overall, I highly recommend!Written August 16, 2023
- Nice family friendly beach. The same water and sand as Fire island, but much more accessible. Pack a lunch and some sunscreen and go.Written August 28, 2023
- Main Beach is the beach of all beaches. Of course this is East Hampton.
Also known by many as Hollywood East. The Village really supports the beach, because they understand it is a central iconic feature of the Village, along with the
other beautiful beaches in East Hampton. The staff is great and the lifeguards
are outstanding. And now you can a cold beer, or a chilled glass of wine on a
beautiful sunny evening at the Beach Hut.
Philip111 Capt. USA/USMC ret.Written July 21, 2022
- Food was delicious served hot and perfectly seasoned . Drinks were refreshing and top notched. Loved the beach and this was perfect for lunch. Menu was very attractive and had a great variety.Written July 27, 2023
- Residents beach that added some restaurants and a bar a few years back. Added a cover to the bar scene recently which makes no sense. I used to go up to their concession for some tacos or burgers. Not going to pay $20 for the honor of then paying for food. The town better be careful not to piss off residents or be viewed as being too connected to such vendors like previous town leaders. Great beach, marina, and splash area for kids. One of the reasons I will never leave TOB.Written September 12, 2022
- Amazing views, interesting dunes (not like I'm used to at Cape Cod), and lots of great surfers out there tackling waves. Lovely beach- highly recommend.Written October 2, 2022
- Beautiful park. Free parking off season. Clean bathrooms and a cute playground near the beach. Being that it was a cool, cloudy, fall day there were very few people there. It must get packed during the summer season.Written October 15, 2023
- The cost to gain entrance in August 2021 was $20 for non residents with identification. Youths under twelve pay a slightly different cost.
The beach is clean. The patrons friendly and real beach lovers. I definately suggest a visit...my girl and I had a blast!Written March 16, 2022
- I loved the beach here. It is usually not packed, the sand is very white and not rocky. The water is a little rocky but it is to be expected with Long Island. If I come back to montauk, I would absolutely go here again. It is perfect for families and there are many hotels right next to the beach.Written July 3, 2021
- Quite in February but a beautiful location at any time of the year. Water was calm and views lovely.Written February 21, 2020
- Ocean Beach is a nice little spot. While not a large community, it has a nice beach and is a great getaway for over the Summer.
During the day it tends to be family-friendly as I saw a lot of kids, then it transitions to more of a nightlife spot. There are some nice places to dine and drink or get ice cream. The houses and architecture too in general look good. You can rent bikes here as well.
You'll want to try and go on a weekend when the weather is nice because if it rains, there are fewer options for activities. It's kind of pricey overall, but way more affordable than the Hamptons.
The ferries run to a certain time, till like 11p/12a but not 24/7. I managed to get a late ferry here somehow, while not sure even where I was walking.Written August 17, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Long Island
- These are the most romantic places for beaches in Long Island:See more romantic beaches in Long Island on Tripadvisor