Points of Interest & Landmarks • Lighthouses
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We were fortunate to make the trip on a sparkling sunny fall day in the middle of the week. The views were amazing, the crowds were sparse. No charge for parking on weekdays. I climbed to the to top of the lighthouse but my husband declined- he has claustrophobia. I'll admit the climb up was a bit rough given that I have a history of vertigo. The best strategy was to just keep going and don't look back. I wondered if it would be worth it. It was! The views were so spectacular. The docent at the top was really helpful pointing out different sights and even recommended other parks for us to visit on our way out of town. The gift shop has a very nice selection of items.Written October 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent children's event today ,"Whimsical Wizard School." Laura led all the children through a magical 2 hours of crafts and nature information while it was down pouring outside The Barn. Program was reasonably priced and everyone had a good time.t
Can't wait to see what other programs they come up with for children and adults.Written October 7, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took the guided tour on August 11 at 3pm. Was able to order the tickets only a day before. The guide was super knowledgeable, passionate, welcoming and interesting. He shared so many stories about the history, the family background, the meaning for many special exhibits. This was an amazing tour - we enjoyed very much and so did our 22 year old daughter. Very warm recommended. Thank you dear guide for making this tour a memorable and very special experience.Written August 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So convenient! Entering as a passenger without a car is awkward, but a beautiful and pleasant sail across the Sound.Written November 29, 2023
- I took my four grandchildren to the aquarium yesterday. We went early and parked on the street. Admission would have been $161 but we used library discount tickets for $125. Check with your library. The exhibits were very good and only one wasn’t working. We were there until 3 pm and went through the butterfly exhibit twice. Fish food (4 small fish) was $3 which seemed very expensive. There were also many activities not included in the admission which were quite expensive. We ate lunch there—one small food item such as a hamburger and a small drink (refillable all day), for $108. I suggest you leave (re-entry is allowed) and go elsewhere to eat. One bathroom needed cleaning. My grandchildren enjoyed the visit very much.Written July 22, 2023
- Long Beach NY is beautiful--it's like Coney Island, but without all of the seaside resort-type stuff.Written October 20, 2023
- Great beach clean beach however parking expensive . Restrooms were clean ( fir a beach ) chair and umbrella for rent .Written July 24, 2023
- Great public beach on LI. One of our favorites. Boardwalk. Sports. Swimming. Beach. Gatsby's is a treat.Written September 7, 2023
- Fantastic museum. Really well designed and set out. Very informative. Brings the history of aviation to life. Lots to see, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Not to be missed.Written November 2, 2023
- Both the grounds, gardens and Cole Hall guided tour was excellent! Our guide through the house, Kathy, was knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. My husband and I didn’t know what to expect, but we both thoroughly enjoyed our visit. I highly recommend!Written September 8, 2023
- We came to see Beautiful as a family. The play was amazing. Everyone loved it. All the seats in the place are great. We went on Saturday at 8pm and the first was $95 per seat. We also used the Valet Parking after the show it took about 20 minutes to get the car. It wasn't bad at all.Written October 9, 2023
- Shop, shop, shop. Every store you can think of. Except pharmacy or bank. Shuttle available too. Or park and walk.Written February 9, 2020
- This ferry is a wonderful asset to our region, one that Ive used for 40 years.
The trips are usually painless and allow us to avoid driving all the way up Island and through NYC....but.....
Ive watched the rates go up during the pandemic and the fuel price increases AND HAVE YET TO SEE THEM COME BACK DOWN NO THAT FUEL IS LESS EXPENSIVE.
I used to make the trip 3 times a month and now Im down to once every 6 weeks or so, mostly due to the cost.
You can keep trying to make up all of your COVID losses this way.Written October 31, 2023
- Came with the family on a nice hot summers day. Staff were friendly. Sites were amazing and totally worth going up to the top of the lighthouse for the awesome views! Would strongly recommend coming here!Written August 23, 2023
- Amazing place for a beach day! From the scenic drive over the ponquogue bridge to the great waves this spot has it all. I’ve spent alot of time at this beach, fishing at the bridge and jetty or soaking up the surf and sun: Big waves and good vibes!Written August 5, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Long Island
- The best day trips from Long Island according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- NYC Hamptons, Sag Harbor, and Outlet Shopping Day Trip
- Full-Day Luxury Long Island Private Winery Tour
- New York City to the Hamptons Private Day Trip
- Niagara Falls Day Trip by Air including Maid of the Mist
- Long Island Winery Tour
Long Island Attractions Information
|Saturday 9:24 PM|