- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- We have fallen in love over the years with the old Caribbean trees - it seems that they are more respected on the islands than there in the concrete jungle where I live nowadays so having to see one Vieques, PR and then in Roseau, Dominica we knew we are up for a treat here in St Kitts!
We have visited on the day where there was no cruise ship in town so the entrance was free - otherwise it's $2 or $3 USD per adult which is nothing - a piece of advice is that you want to come here to enjoy this place, just to run through it doesn't give its justice! So to make you understand something I was struggling to find before we came to St Kitts - Caribelle Batik is part of Romney Manor! So if you come to Romney Manor you will visit Caribelle Batik and vice versa! They are 2 separate profiles on TripAdvisor (and I reviewed the latter separately with its own pictures). Romney Manor is basically a nice, not big, botanical garden - there is also a very cool bar with outside seating (you can try here the Old Road Rum from St Kitts and Clifton Estate Rum from Nevis) and just cool doown/sit down.
If you come here you will def go through the Caribelle Batik store but what you may not know or may not plan for is the Wingfield Estate Sugar Plantation which now also does the sampling tour of the Old Road Rum that just launched in 2022 - the visit to this place is 3 in one thus, perfect activity and fun stop - I have left here a picture of how you can walk down to the separate road that leads a super short road (business road that leads to the W. Estate and the ATV tour) that you are allowed to take instead of coming out of Romney Manor and driving there separately - I am super grateful that one of the super nice ladies at the bar here as mentioned it - we loved it. Check my separate review on the Wingfield Estate on the details of what you can expect there if you are interested - if you are passionate about rum as I am, it's an absolute must!!!
TIP: Many of the St Kitts attractions lead through random residential small roads - at first couple I was surprised but then I got used to it - so don't think you are going theWritten May 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Restored plantation house with views of Basseterre & the airport. Delicious vegetarian food. Yoga also available & interesting resident artist, Tom Jones!Written May 7, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Located on the outskirts of the town this monument is a small but thought provoking memorial to the men of the island who fought in various global wars. My wife and I spent a short while reflecting when we had a short stop off in the area.Written March 30, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Basseterre
- These places are best for historic sites in Basseterre:See more historic sites in Basseterre on Tripadvisor