Historic Sites • National Parks
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in St. Kitts
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This is the premier attraction on St. Kitts apart from beaches in my opinion. Worth visiting for the view alone both inland towards the mountains and out to see towards Saba. Fort itself is a nice walk, there is a small but detailed museum in the citadel and you can easily spend a few hours just looking about. There is a small gift shop and a small "cafe" that at least sells drinks. You should bring your own water to start with though.Written August 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are several restaurant and bar choices at Cockleshell Beach. We love the Rush Slowly restaurant/bar area the best. You can see Nevis from the beach. May want to wear swim shoes. Shelly and Rocky areas in the water. Great place to chill for the day. Beach set ups availableWritten January 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I wish there was a pre-warning about how bumpy it would be and also the duration of the ride. While we saw all the wonderful small communities and learned a lot from the speaker, I would have taken something for motion sickness.Written March 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great intro to this art form and reasonable prices for pieces created onsite. Interesting estate with a lot of history. Beautiful gardens and spectacular 400 year old tree.Written June 1, 2022
- We opted for Rain forest tour and we’re so happy we did! Mr O’Neil is a wealth of information on herbs and plants. The hike was challenging but with his encouragement our family finished it. His sense of humor and his vast knowledge of herbalism and homeopathic remedies was astonishing. Our next tour will be the volcano tour with Mr O’ Neil. Again, a can’t miss tour!Written August 28, 2022
- We are two families holidaying together in Nevis and we wanted to have a day exploring St Kitts - we saw the great reviews here on TA for Greg’s Safari’s and we weren’t disappointed!
We emailed to sort out a date and time and chose the 3hr private tour. Greg was waiting for us at the local ferry terminal from Nevis and he had a great plan of how we could best see the island, off-road in his very comfy Landrover which all the kids particularly loved. We found Greg to be very informative, knowledgeable and friendly throughout the trip and he served us a great Caribbean picnic which we were a little dubious about beforehand but found to be as great as advertised. We were also very keen to see Timothy Hill (incredible viewpoint of the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean) which he said he could fit in for us. All in all, we left St Kitts as very happy customers having seen a lot of the best parts (and views!) of the beautiful island of St Kitts - thank you Greg.Written August 25, 2022
- This place is always worth the trip whether you are a local or a visitor. I'm a little of both. Chef Amory killed it. Lunch there is the best. The breeze is unbeatable. The lasagna was tasty! I'm from Texas and that bread pudding was a little slice of home!Written June 23, 2022
- If not for my wife, thank you!, it didn't hit me until later - the background isn't just a cool vista of hills and mountains - it's one of the very few places in Caribbean region where you can see at the same time one coast pounded by the angry Atlantic Ocean and another soothed with the Caribbean calm :)
I know that it's technically one and the same but it's something special to witness and experience, trust me - I had a chance in the past to experience similar circumstances on the Glass Bridge in Eleuthera, Bahamas and where it was more contract there due to the type of island St Kitts vs Eleuthera, Bahamas is, it's the elevation here that adds to the experienece!
Don't forget to look up northside - it's pretty nice too! And what this place super easy is that it's on the way to the southeast peninsula where almost everyone will end up at least once during their St Kitts visit - can't complain about a nice vista point stop on the way to the beach! :)
TIP: although we haven't seen how busy it can get during cruise ship days I can tell you that the parking "lot" is fairly big but the vista point room pretty limited so you want to most likely visit the area when there are no ships in the portWritten May 18, 2022
- Very slow paced as we were here on the slow season. Really not much going on and many of the typical excursions were not being offered or offered only on limited days Stayed at Timothy Beach Resort on Frigate Bay Lots of little restaurants right where we were Not fancy by any means but all had excellent good and I would recommend lobster at all if themWritten September 16, 2022
- Came here for rum tasting as part of a shore excursion booked through our cruise line. The house and gardens are beautiful – very peaceful and picturesque.
We had a tour of the house, including a detailed talk about its history and the recent restoration project. Then it was on to the rum tasting: We tasted a variety of the Brinley Gold Shipwreck flavoured rums. They were all great and it was fun discussing our favourites amongst the group. We also got to try a freshly made rum cake – so good I had seconds!
We learned about the history of rum making on the island and how it has evolved to the present day. Our host was excellent and made the whole experience fun, entertaining and informative.
There is a gift shop where you can purchase your favourite rum flavours to take home.
If you’re staying on the island this is certainly somewhere you could spend time relaxing – as well as the house and gardens there is also a pool.Written September 18, 2022
- this is an experience you will nevert forgert. we done the swiim with Lilo and Hanibal the dolphin... <3Written September 23, 2022
- Port Zante is beautiful and offers a lot of fun souvenirs for tourists. However, it is not as peaceful as the rest of the island because it is the cruise ship port. Be prepared for people to approach you for pictures with their monkeys, pushy taxi drivers and people offering to take your picture for money. It’s definitely not a true representation of the calm, relaxed vibe of the islands.Written July 8, 2022
- Our second visit to this beautiful charismatic Cathedral with a fascinating history. Located just by Independence Square, the building has atmospheric charm and is a definite stop off if in the area. My wife and I popped in when in the location as part of a short stop off from a cruise tour of the Caribbean and enjoyed the opportunity to return to the site.Written April 11, 2022
- A pleasant beach overlooking the island of Nevis. In truth, I seen better beaches and the various bars and restaurants scattered around are looking a bit worse for wear. Nevertheless, the beach, while quite small, is nice and the views are wonderful.Written March 30, 2020
- My wife and I took in a visit to this oasis of calm in a typical frantic Caribbean town as part of a tour and really enjoyed the short stop off in the area. The added bonus was the free WiFi available in the square. Took a little while to attach to it but once on it worked fine.Written April 11, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Kitts
- The best day trips from St. Kitts according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Catamaran Party Cruise to Nevis from St Kitts (Transfers from Frigate Bay incl.)
- Full Island Panoramic Tour of St Kitts
- The Grand Tour of St. Kitts
- Nevis Panoramic Drive and Beach Experience
- Nevis Full-Day Island Tour from St Kitts via Ferry (Reconfirm 48 hours)