Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We have visited the BVI on Charter 4 times before and this island was listed as off limits. The 12-mile trip is an easy one and the channel is well marked. Many turtles spotted in the harbor and Tarpon in the underwater lights. Islend itself was not impressive.Written July 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The best beach to visit on a day trip on island. Great restaurants and amenities and the only beach with shops on the north side.Written October 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must visit on Tortola - beautiful beach and sea together with the famous painkiller. Will return next time when in Tortola.Written October 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful beach . It has 2 bars and chairs but it was not crowded! The water was perfect and the views were spectacular. You can stroll on the beach and come back for a perfect Odín killer at the moose bar!Written November 15, 2023
- To the one reviewer that said this is not a nice beach (they used the word, Ghetto) - possibly, down by the beach bar, one may get a feeling of a bit rusty run downess and the area on the other end, near more parking, it has an old stone wall and old parking area that was probably washed away in Irma and is falling into the water but other than that, this beach was perfect waters, yes, some stones in areas, but some areas were pristine white sand and such calm waters. Gorgeous vegetation and it was so nice to have the beach bar for drinks any time we wanted. (We ate there, but I would not recommend the food - unless we were there on an off day, the owner was a bit rude, bossing the staff around as he sat on a lounge chair and the food was the worst meal we had the entire week we were in Tortola. We were sorry we ate and spent $120 there for 4 of us) BUT - back to the beach - it was really nice and quite and provided areas of shade which we loved. You know when you find a beach that the locals like, you have found a gem!! Cane Garden bay, although looking out at the white sands and bay were pretty, the wall to wall rubble buildings and 100's of boats in the bay and the 100's of beach chairs lining the sands, was a bit too much for us!Written April 18, 2023
- it was so nice to see that they have preserved this historical site. the young lady who gave us a tour (only $5, including a tasting of 5 different rums) was very knowledgeable and very sweet. the rum tasting was interesting and enjoyable, we took home a bottle of their 10 yr old rum home with us. excellent!Written May 15, 2023
- Lovely dive site, the ship is very easy to dive, the reef around the ship is in good condition, it was a nice dive with a bit of current.Written April 23, 2023
- We called in here as part of our tour from a cruise ship. Only stopped for a short while to sit and have a cold beer. Seemed a lovely spot to spend a Couple of hours here. Nice marina, was quiet when we were there. Was planning to have one of the painkiller cocktails, but decided on a cold beerWritten November 16, 2023
- Spent the day watching the surf competition. Sea and waves just right to allow junior surfers to catch and strut their stuff. Steve who runs the surf school ran the commentary and supported juniors with appreciative comments. BBQ on the day but also beachside cafe.
Parking a challenge on event days.Written April 21, 2023
- Incredible vacation with family. Highly recommend MarineMax & their AQUILA yachts for à vacation in the BVIWritten July 15, 2023
- This first National Park in BVIs and apparently established in 1964 to preserve and regenerate what was lost through decades of deforestation. Sage Mountain is the highest point in all of the Virgin Islands. Really the views are nothing short of spectacular. My wife and I paid a quick visit when touring the area and enjoyed the stop off immensely.Written April 10, 2022
- Our island tour took us to this quaint little beach. Some small shops and restaurants. Picked up a small painting from a local artist.Written March 17, 2023
- We visited Tortola the first week of November 2022 when the tourist traffic was more or less nonexistent aside from cruise ships, so many of the little shops were closed, but fortunately Sunny Caribbee was open, and we discovered it near the end of our visit. They had everything we were looking for and more. Beautiful art, spices, and too many other mementos to mention.Written November 10, 2022
- Make sure the place is open before trecking to find it. Regrettably on the day we arrived it was shut - still it looked like a nice garden from what we could see from outsideWritten January 12, 2023
- Not many places to shop on west end. Harbor Market best place for groceries on west end. Very helpful dive shop.Written July 20, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Tortola
- The best day trips from Tortola according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Jeep Tour and Snorkeling in the most beautiful beaches.
- Private day sail BVI - Explore & enjoy the British Virgin Islands
- Private British Virgin Islands Full Day Charter 36' MV Poseidon
- Private Full Day or Half Day Charter - 35' Scout
- Family Snorkel Safari. ️Private boat!
Tortola Attractions Information
|Monday 12:28 PM|