- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- SCUBA - booked through Dressel Divers Dive Center at the Iberostar Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. We are newly certified PADI open water - June 2022
All arrangements made via email with Frances. Paid in cash after arrival at the dive center.
My husband and I came into Amber Cove via the Carnival Mardi Gras on August 3, 2022. We secured a taxi in the port harbor. Taxi's that are allowed in the port area have set tariffs, with prices posted. I do suggest finding a taxi that will meet you outside the port, the fare will be about half. The taxi from in the harbor port area and out to the resort was $40 US, plus tip.
After our arrival to the resort, Frances had our transportation and dive team (a taxi driver, dive master and captain) setup and ready to go. He was at the resort to greet us when we arrived and introduced us to our driver and dive master. Then, at the end, he checked in on us to make sure that we were well taken care of by the team.
Felix was our dive master. He made sure that our equipment was setup and ready to go. He stayed with us throughout the dive and moved at a comfortable speed. He asked us lots of questions about our previous dive experiences to make sure that we were fully comfortable. Felix and the boat captain assisted as needed with donning and doffing our equipment. Air management was well planned and he checked in on us throughout to monitor air usage and reserves. We observed him cleaning up the ocean floor, which speaks volumes to me about the care that he has for diving and the health of the environment for the future.
We had a two-tank dive across two different locations. Both were filled with coral and fish. Felix did a great job pointing out various marine life, such as a lobster, lionfish and eels. The visibility was 45' with soft moving water. We kept our depth throughout most of the dive to 30' - 35' with some time spent at 60'. I was using a SeaLife phone camera case with a Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra. Felix offered to take some pictures of us with my camera, which were very appreciated. He never got frustrated or rushed when we would stop to look and take pictures.
Our boat captain took his time. We have been in situations where the captain put a higher priority on speed than safety and an enjoyable ride. Don't get me wrong, I like to go fast, but I don't care for being beat to death either! He was thoughtful, reached down to get equipment without needing to be asked, including my camera and offered to hand it off to me once I was in the water.
The taxi back was the transportation that Frances had set up to get us from the resort to the dive site and back to our ship. Safe, friendly driver with free WiFi in his van. He was not able to drop us off inside the port, as this is restricted to specific taxis. It was a nice easy walk with benches and shade along the way.
Would we go again.....YES. Absolutely. We are considering booking a stay to dive with this team again!Written August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We recently (October 2021) booked a 2 tank dive with Roland from SeaPro Divers and Water Sports while staying at our resort in Punta Cana.
Everything was great! The price was lower than other local dive shops. Roland and the crew on the boat were professional, friendly, helpful, and honest. They gave us exactly what we wanted. We had two nice dives with qualified staff, quality equipment, and a well prepared dive boat. We left straight from our resort by small boat to their facility. Everyone was supplied anything they needed then the dive boat picked us up on the beach.
The tanks were on the boat and filled to 3000+ psi which gave us more bottom time. It was not a party boat, it was just scuba diving without any of the other hoopla. Exactly what we wanted.
The following day Roland found me to make sure everything went well.Written October 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good place. They are not just their to take your money.
Good Price for everything and reliable.Written November 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I highly recommend. When I go back to DR, I am definitely going back to paradise Island. It's safe and the staff are amazing. They make sure you have the best time of your life.Written April 6, 2022
- I make a first step diving course with Tomi. Perfect trening and diving i can 1000% recommend him. if You ready to die;) or dive do it with him.Written November 29, 2022
- The whole trip was excellent. Typical Dominican food delicious. Excellent driver, guide and photographer. Owner, went above and beyond to make sure you had what you need and to make this entiende unforgettable.Written October 8, 2022
- My daughter made the bubble maker as a former padi diving instructor I can say that everything was excellent. The instructor Jose was very good ,professional and patient . Adrea kind and attentive in everything
I REALLY highly recommend this experience for your childrenWritten July 21, 2018
- I have to say that Aneudy and his family are first class respectable people!
I took a cab ride from Aneudy by myself in the Dominican and he took me where I wanted to go…a nice quiet beach for the day.
I asked him if he would come back and pick me up and he said that he would just STAY in the area and make sure I was safe, for the day!
Who does that?!
I ended up visiting with him and meeting his wonderful family! They are a Christian family and to this day, we have all stayed in touch!
I met a real gentleman and good friend for life!
We live worlds apart and will always stay in touch.
You cannot go wrong with your travel plans with Aneudy or his family!
MicheleWritten November 8, 2021
- The instructor Sergio was a pretty good teacher, very friendly and professional. We didn't come across any problems while diving. It was an overall great experience! I would definitely recommend Ocean Diving to anyone that wants to learn how to scuba dive.Written August 24, 2018
- Our guides were fabulous. Alfredo was the agent we booked our private charter with. He was excellent. Wish they would have followed through with the promise of specific beverages that were supposed to be available on the boat. The excursion was the highlight of our trip. Spectacular!Written October 26, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Puerto Plata
- These experiences are best for scuba & snorkeling in Puerto Plata:
- Half-Day Puerto Plata Boat Party with Snorkeling
- Catamaran Party Cruise with Snorkeling & BBQ
- Puerto Plata Boat Party with Snorkeling
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for scuba & snorkeling in Puerto Plata:See more scuba & snorkeling for adrenaline seekers in Puerto Plata on Tripadvisor