- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
33 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travelers are saying
- An absolute must see, the strangest architecture making this building into a true spectacle.
Am amazing account of sculptures and Wall paintings. The posters announcing a variety a events are noticeable but not the highlight.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice museum with an art and anthrpological viewpoint that was well worth the visit. I would recommend anyone who goes to Santiago to go there.
Also has a nice cafeteria.Written October 31, 2013This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was on a cruise, Carnival Horizon. Decided to do the city tour, This was on the tour. I enjoy the tour. It's a walk through. Then a short movie that gives you more of the history, They do a tasting but I don't drink. Even through the tasting the tour guide would tell you about that flavored rum. Afterwards you could go into the story,Written May 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went there late Oct. 2010 and the museum was closed and didn't look like it was going to reopen. I didn't see any signs listing hours or anything about when it would reopen. I asked someone on the street, they said it was closed and they recommended going to Centro Leon on Ave. 27 de Febrero.Written January 20, 2011
- Museum itself was super interesting. But has some things to be changed. Workers made us exit 20 minutes before museum timetable. Moreover, they also have left their working positions earlier. Museum wasnt clean. A lot of dust, portrets were hanging crookedly.Written August 19, 2022
- We just want something close that we could walk to from our place. We found this great place that was kind of off the beaten path. They had cold Presidente and different stuff than what we had found in the other gift shopsWritten July 7, 2016
- If youre a fan of rare stones, especially amber, this is one place you'll enjoy visiting. They give you a history lesson on how the stones are mined and how they came about, with a brief live demonstration of different types of formation. They tend to place alot of silver within the amber for jewellery, such as necklaces,bracelets, rings etc. Alot of nice features, plenty of amber shops around, alot of fake and real stones aswell. Overall definitely worth a visit. Cheers.Written March 5, 2020
- The fee was 100 pesos and a guide gave us a tour. A decently put together exhibit. The jewelry in the shop were beautiful, especially blue Amber that is only found here in the DR. I regret not buying a piece. We are traveling for a year so I was trying to not spend what I don’t need.
We walked to the backyard where they happen to be sifting through stones for larimar stone and tumbling on site. The owner let me kids keep a few pieces, they were stoked.Written October 25, 2021
- Good chocolate samples and merchandise to buy. They also give a short, but informative, complimentary tour of the coffee process.Written January 23, 2020
- We made a pilgrimage to the Columbus Lighthouse before returning our rented car at SDQ airport. Getting there from Route 3 was an interesting and challenging experience in itself. We finally found the access roads and made it to our destination at 4:00, but the building was closed. All we could do was walk around the massive structure and peek through a crack and a locked gate to see a lonely looking military man in uniform who was sitting in a plastic chair. He was apparently guarding the bones of Christopher Columbus. Frankly, we felt that the monument grounds were a little sad; the landscaping wasn't very well maintained. Regardless, it's a unique site that honors an amazing person.Written June 23, 2022
- Very nice tour that is ran in groups consistently as I stopped to utilize the restroom my group had moved on. The one stop tour will explain how to make cigars and then the natural stone that is blue turned into various jewelry items. The rum tasting was good as you go on the tour. The vanilla is what I went there for! The vanilla is so pure and real so I stock up on mamajuana and vanilla its great for your health. Cacao Tea was something I taste and it was not bad. The chocolate was so soft and fresh! This was a great tour!!Written October 9, 2019
- i'm somewhat of a nerd when it comes to having my brain fed when on vacation. I really like trivia and history, and this visit really fed me. It's a small but very interesting and informative museum dedicated to their national hero, General Luperon. It contained many artifacts such as pictures, clothing, weapons, tools, and informative articles about this great leader. There is a great, short, informative film about his efforts to separate this great land from Spain. Only stayed about 1 - 1 1/2 hours which was plenty of time. Our guide at the museum was very knowledgeable and informative. Would like to visit again.Written May 19, 2019
- Very instructive and well presented museum. It provides interaction with the children and the opportunity for them to be curious. I also enjoyed some of the expositions the museum holds.Written January 15, 2019
- The Museum next to to the Cathedral of Our Lady of the high grace (Nuestra senora de la Altagracia) is a very nice way to spend an hour. It houses interesting artifacts and costumes as well as a description on traditional and folkloric religious themes and rites related to the devotion of the High Grace Virgin, Patron of the province.Written December 6, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Dominican Republic
- These are the best places for kid-friendly specialty museums in Dominican Republic:See more specialty museums for kids in Dominican Republic on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking specialty museums in Dominican Republic:See more specialty museums for groups in Dominican Republic on Tripadvisor