Popular things to do
- Ports of Call Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Day Trips
- 4WD Tours
- Historic Sites
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Walking Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Shopping Tours
Top Attractions in Willemstad
Speciality Museums • Art Museums
Admission tickets from $11.54
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Its so beautiful. It was very nice watching it move for the ships to pass. All the bright lights at nightWritten July 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I took my daughter yesterday (July 31) to the Dolphin Academy for the Dolphin Encounter. It was a wonderful experience. Even though the waiting time was a little too long (very hot sun), it was worth the wait! She had an awesome time and interaction with the dolphin. The trainer was very nice and attentive. What made it even more special was the staff, very nice, friendly and attentive people!Written July 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such an impressive park to walk around. Bring water and sneakers and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The blow holes were really cool and there is plenty of hiking. Easy for kids to do, but I recommend sneakers.Written August 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- we had a wonderful time walking around this area, got to see the Queen Emma Bridge, have lunch and do some shopping. everyone was so niceWritten July 16, 2022
- This is a very small aquarium, but they have a nice variety of sea life. We did not do any of the animal encounters but enjoyed watching the dolphins and sharks (and the birds that were there to filch the fish). We also enjoyed seeing all of the amazing local fish within the aquarium.Written May 24, 2022
- This was the first place we went after we met our wonderful and amazing private tour guide Ralph from Curacao VIP Tours. Ralph was amazing, taking us everywhere interesting and important in his private Chrysler 300 air conditioned taxi!
The museum was so amazing and contains so much history, especially about the slave trade. It is full of artifacts from the past and even has a replica of a slave ship that you can "board". So many things here brought tears to my eyes that mankind behaved this way, and that so much prejudice and ignorance still exists.Written May 25, 2022
- Did a short island tour and then stopped here for a few hours for some fun in the sun. The entry fee was only $12.00 per adult which included chairs and there were also plenty of umbrellas, and no restrictions on where you gather. There is a bar with reasonably priced cocktails. The beach has very fine sand with no rocks or shells, so no need for water shoes. The water is very clear and since it's in a small cove, there are no waves breaking, so after the water you can relax in relative peace. I've heard there are nicer beaches on the island, however we really enjoyed this little hideaway.Written February 1, 2022
- This tour was incredibly informative. Our guide taught us about the caves themselves as well as the historical events that occurred in them. We saw the bats that occupy the cave, saw the gorgeous formations, and even experienced the dark silence of the inner cave. A great experience!Written May 24, 2022
- This is the waterfront area in the Punda district of downtown Willemstad. It is a colourful, vibrant, historic area and worth having a stroll around.
We walked across the Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge from Otrabanda to Punda. On descending from the Bridge, there is a rather large clock facing you, turn left here and welcome to Handleskade.
Right by the Bridge is the Punda Love Heart sculpture. Across the road from there is the beautifully maintained, painted bright yellow, is the tall Penha Building. It is home to a rather upmarket store. It is an 18th century building and typical of buildings here and around the City. It serves as a reminder of the impact that the Dutch had on Curaçao's heritage.
When the Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge is open there is a small ferry that transports people across the Bay, for free.The landing/boarding jetty is along here.
It is quiet a spectacle to watch the Bridge open and the large ships pass through, tug assisted.
There are numerous shops along the road where visitors can browse around or where to purchase holiday souvenirs.
Had enough of shopping and walking around, then take a seat outside one of the many bars and restaurants that are here. Sit back and enjoy a drink and a meal and watch life unfold along the waterfront.
Another sight to enjoy are the colorful buildings on the other side of the Bay along Brionplein.
From here visitors can see the impressive expanse of the Queen Juliana Bridge, that dominates the skyline as it spans the bay.Written May 15, 2022
- Good private beach. Great food as well. Just not allow to take drinks of food with you.
Great to snorkel as well.Written August 13, 2022
- Ate one of our best meals away from the hotel here at Bocas. The lobster was fantastic and reasonable.Written May 10, 2022
- An amazing beach, but if you are based in Willemstad, you will need a hire car or go on a tour that stops here. However, if you are a diver, there are some amazing dive sites in this vicinity!Written February 10, 2022
- Very interesting museum and beautiful synagogue. Definitely worth a visit if your traveling to curaçao. My children enjoyed going to a Jewish museum that was not about the Holocaust.Written July 24, 2022
- Lots of restaurants and shopping here, all built into the walls of the old fort. You can walk part of the outer wall as well for some good pictures. Food is great, service is on island time. Sit back at one of the cafes and enjoy.Written January 28, 2022
- Stopped at Curacao Liqueur Distillery who make Curacao liqueur in many different flavors. Toured the factory and samples some of their products.
Very interesting that they get the fruit form 55 orange trees that come from just the only plantation on the island that grows them.Written March 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Willemstad
- The best day trips from Willemstad according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Swimming with sea turtles & Grote Knip Beach - Best island excursion
- Boat Trip to Klein Curacao
- Hato Caves, Turtles & Beach
- Perfect Day Tour - Small Group!
- The Curacao Full Day Private Tour Experience