- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- hop on hop off for 5$ all day. Only into Varadero but it's worth it for the scenic drive. The bus stops at almost all the hotels; ask your front deskWritten May 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I stayed at yoel's hostel in May 2017. His family of staff are the kindest, most professional and welcoming people. I used his taxi service to and from the Havana airport. Timing, vehicle, drivers (yoel personally drove one of the ways) were amazing. My flight in was delayed and the driver waited for me, even in the middle of the night. I highly recommend this company.Written August 22, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Consistent with many of the other reviews on here this was hard work and doing this again we would opt for taxis money permitting.
You can only book about 6 weeks in advance.
The routes and prices are fully searchable online. However, it’s not clear once you’ve paid and printed your ticket if you just need to turn up... wrong! You need to arrive early to check-in.
In Havana 1 he before departure, Vinales and Trinidad 30 minutes before, Las Terrazas 10 minutes early.
They check you in on their computer - each named passenger. Not sure why you can’t just show the receipt instead but given the poor internet connectivity the system is really slow hence the long checkin times.
Your luggage gets labelled like for a flight and then in Havana they load it, Vinales we took it to the coach but then they wanted a tip for placing it in the hold. Thank you but we would happily have done that ourselves.
Seat reclining remarks from others are spot on.
We didn’t know when/if it would stop for a break so one passenger asked to stop for the toilet and then everyone got off on the roadside (dual carriageway) and went for a wee. The bus then stopped 15 minutes later for lunch but of course we didn’t know that was going to happen.
The service station was clean with buffet options, burgers to take outside and a cafe. The downside was that it cost 24 cuc for 2 of us where this would have been less than half in any city other than Havana.
They were punctual although they leave anti socially early so with the checkin time to add on we missed breakfast on some locations. Had we paid a little more for private or municipal taxis we could have left after breakfast, got there before the coach and experienced true air conditioning.
Still it was a life experience.
Viazul - if you’re reading this get in touch as I think we could really add some Lean business thinking into this operation which would be good for you as well as the tourists.Written August 16, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cuba
- These places are best for bus transportation in Cuba:See more bus transportation in Cuba on Tripadvisor