- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Nature & Parks
Nature & Parks
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Once you Navigate the channel entrance to the Marina, your first stop is aduana (customs) they will search the vessel looking mostly for forbidden items. (Guns, packaged electronics intended for sale,..) they will assign you your slip. They will have dockhands to catch your lines. Once you get to the slip the dock master followed by the doctor will visit. The whole check in process took me 1-2 hours. Tipping is not mandatory but a good gesture. Instea did $ i gave away sets of snorkeling gear I bought in Walmart for $30, they were happy.
The Marina has concert walls to dock side. So have fenders ready.
- For ice restocking visit any of the cafe or restaurant on site & will sell you an ice page for $1-2CUC
-To go to town.taxi are available on south west side of canal 1 for $20-25 CUC. Or for the adventurous, & with little Spanish you can walk out of the Marina & flag a car on the street (sometimes they just stop when they see a foreigner) negotiate a price $10CUC is what i pay
- car rental: there is a Havana car rental office on the NE side of canal 1 across The hotel. Car rental is expensive in Havana, expect to pay $70-80 per day, with no long-term rent discount. I rented a scooter for $20 per day & used it to get to old Havana.Written June 7, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Plaza Las Morlas inside the Gaviota Marina is well-worth the visit. We stayed across the street at the Fiesta Americana (formerly Blau Marina) so it was easy access. We visited several times. We walked end-to-end and were slightly disappointed that the marina and plaza weren't utilized more. Anyways, we loved it all...Open spaces, water fountains, shops, bars, restaurants, big boats, beautiful views. One night we also walked over and really enjoyed the disco/night club. A very safe, no-pressure, tourist destination.Written April 14, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- DO NOT BOOK this company !!! They left us waiting , 15 people with small children at our lobby hotel without giving us the heads up they weren’t coming to get us. We booked the boat days in advance and they didn’t even have the decency to inform us their boat wasn’t working. They had problems apparently with the motor and no one ,NO ONE text to give us the heads up. We were all starving waiting in the lobby and when I called he said the boat has problems and we aren’t going anymore !!! Disgusting service and attitude!! How do you treat people , customers like that ?!?! Do not book this company not to mention if the boat has issues it’s probably not safe to go anywhere with them !!!!Written April 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.