- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
50 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Showing results 1-30 of 50
What travelers are saying
- My family loved visiting Bonaire's national park. Highly recommend! We drove the loop and snorkeled at Wayaka II and picnicked at the old harbor.Written April 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lac Bay is a beautiful place to watch the windsurfers on the water and have lunch. There is a new food truck there called Caribe and it has become a favorite of mine!Written April 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Fast and helpful service, good choice of new models of equipment, never running short on boards, great atmosphere.Written May 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The walk, from a car park inside the park on the short tour, takes a couple of hours, there and back.
Start before noon and be prepared for a hot walk. Wear decent shoes, take water and wear sunscreen.
Parts of the walk are more like scrambling.
It's a great view at the top.
Outside rainy periods, normal cars (I.e. non 4×4) should be OK if you drive carefully.Written May 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was a great trip. The guys were very helpful and considerate and thought of everything to make the experience great! The location off Klein Bonaire was beautiful.Written December 18, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Bonaire Cruisers is the best local place to rent a golf cart and see the island of Bonaire. They have a tent right off the pier and give you directions to pick up your vehicle. You give a $100 deposit and pay for your cart. Since my husband cannot walk long distances, they gave me directions to get close to the ship, so I could park and go back and get him. They have a great map that gives you routes to take of the North and South end of the island. We had reservations for an afternoon snorkeling excursion with Woodwind and Diane and another person drove another golf cart and took us straight to the pier and even walked us over. Highly recommend Bonaire Cruisers!Written May 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- VIP Diving deserves its #1 rating. It is a well organized and professional business. It takes its record keeping serious and checks all the boxes. They are very friendly and seem to do a good job when busy. They are well stocked with scuba equipment. Roland took us diving the first day on a shore dive. I am an older woman and needed a LOT of help getting into the water and he held on to my hand and guided me in. He seemed to be helping everyone at once and doing a good job of it. We all felt like our needs were met. We had a new diver and he sensed her trepidation and held her hand under water which helped her tremendously to feel safe. He helped point out animals we would never have seen.
He set up two more private boat dives for us. He was the Master Diver for the first boat dive and we had a wonderful time on Abbey’s boat. Roland found a Loggerhead turtle. The second day we were with Dive Instructor, Abbey, on his boat and had an amazing time, seeing a sea horse and a scorpion fish.
I would definitely use VIP to take a specialty course. They have a classroom and a pool. I think it is important to take specialty courses as you continue your dive career.Written May 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We discovered landsailing on Bonaire a few years ago and have taken friends and family of all ages each time we are on Bonaire. Everyone loves it and we have a wonderful time each time. Highly recommendable for everyone looking for a great adventure.Written April 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We toured tour different caves. The caves much warmer than the caves in the United States. It was really neat to see the different formations than what I am used to seeing in caves. There is a ladder decent at one cave and in the other cave ropes are used. Neither was too hard, but the ropes were a little challenge and a lot of fun. Dirk was very knowledgeable and had humor. He was also very kind, reassuring, and helpful. I highly reccomend this tour.Written May 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were on Bonaire 7 years ago and, at that time, they did not have tank rental. I found them on Google after looking for the best weekly deal and they were it. I also liked the fact that they were powered by solar panels (hopefully, a plus for most divers). Picking up tanks was super easy - you just showed up and drove around a loop, backed in, traded tanks and off you went for your day. We averaged 2 to 3 Nitrox tanks per person/ per day the week we were there and felt we definitely got our $$ worth. Everyone we dealt with was really friendly and helpful for restaurant and dive site tips. Hope to get back in a few years and will definitely use them again. We even got there before close and picked up tanks for the next morning - no problem. Lots of companies (obviously) on Bonaire but super happy with AB and highly recommendWritten May 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I booked with Woodwind while on a cruise stop to Bonaire. I emailed the owner, Ulf, with several questions prior to the tour and he quickly answered all of them. I’m not a swimmer and not comfortable in deep water, but Ulf assured me that I would be fine on the tour. Although it’s always best if you can swim, it’s not necessary for this tour because all you have to do is float. Our guide, Isa, held my hand as I jumped into the water and held on until I was comfortable enough to let go. She and the other guide, Ebony, checked on me throughout the trip to make sure I was okay.
They took great care to make sure everyone was properly fitted with masks and fins (they have prescription masks if you need them), and they even gave me a wetsuit after I said that I got cold on the first stop. They also have reef-safe sunscreen for you to use if you don’t have your own. Isa was very knowledgeable about all the sea life and gave us information about everything we saw. She even took our camera and dove down to get us some great pictures. After two snorkeling stops, we were served a delicious lunch (I believe they said it was a Surinamese dish), dessert, and all the drinks we wanted, including rum punch. The entire staff was incredibly nice and helpful. I’m really glad I listened to the reviews because this was the best excursion I’ve ever done. If I am ever back in Bonaire, I will definitely book with them again.Written May 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Loved using our scooters while going around Bonaire! Raquel was awesome; the drop off and pick up of the scooters is very convenient, and pricing is very reasonable.Written May 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A day on the Amoray with Rich and Sue is one you won't soon forget!
We were seeking the perfect one day adventure with that hard to find mix (at least for a single day on-Island) of 1) something local; 2) that would allow us to connect with the Island and its people as much as possible in a single day; and 3) would allow us to experience Bonaire's legendary snorkeling/diving.
I'm not sure we could have asked for a single thing more than we found in our day with Rich and Sue. They are the most gracious hosts and guides, friendly and welcoming, kind and caring, and happy to go the extra mile to make your day magical!
We were on island for a single day on our Disney Cruise during the rare Southern Caribbean itinerary. We were ecstatic that Rich and Sue had availability for the day!
Rich picked us up, Sue had some fun local breakfast treats waiting upon our arrival. The fully and completely appreciated safety briefing was not only welcomed, but set a fantastic example and provided a great learning opportunity for our kids (and us)! Then we were off!
Rich and Sue know just about everything there is to know about Bonaire both on land and in the water.
Our kids (age 9 and 11) both had the opportunity to helm the Amoray (which is lovely, accommodating and perfectly comfortable in eery way). We got to visit multiple snorkeling locations, with Sue personally guiding us, pointing out all manner of sea life and keeping us safe. When our son experienced a sudden onset headache, Rich and Sue instantly recognized that it could be result of the full face snorkel setup (that we brought with us) and took immediate action to be sure he was getting fresh air and back to the boat to confirm all was well (it was).
Lunch...I could write a review about lunch alone. Between the fresh tuna, the mushrooms (in Ketjap Manis - now a staple in our home!), rice, edamame, and brownies with Bonaire sea salt...it was incredible. With the sunshine and soft breeze...perfect moments all.
It was nothing like a "tour," very little like "being on a charter," and was most like spending the day sailing with friends.
Rich drove us back to town and we visited a couple of shops he recommended, including Beachvibes Surf Shop, where we got bracelets that were handmade by the owners and which continue to remind us of our day full of perfect moments.Written October 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A well kept secret! This dive shop offers boat dives that take smaller groups out for two dives to either Klein Bonaire or one of the numerous sites on main Bonaire. On my sixth shore dive (with a different dive shop) I took a fall because of big wave action and took some sea urchin in my hand. Then a fellow diver told me about Div Ocean boat dives. I immediately, went over to their shop and signed up for the next available dive, which luckily was the next day. Kevin our guide took care of me and helped me double check and helped me with my gear, which was reassuring because I had recently been nitrox certified and also had just returned to diving after many years. Their boat has a canopy so you dont have to be hours in the sun as is so often the case with shore diving (if you do more than one dive ). They pick great spots to dive. Exit and entry is easy and Kevin was very helpful with all of that. Underwater he was great pointing out various amazing marine life which I would probably have missed. Back on the boat between dives they offer a snack and water.
I felt like I was in good hands, ans with good humored, friendly , accomodating and safe guides. They made all my dives relaxing, pleasant and fun. Nils was with with us for our second dive and he found the tiniest of interesting creatures like nudibranchs, small shrimp, small tiny eels, as well as big animals like sea turtles. The crew is very knowledgeable about marine life and the island and they keep the atmosphere fun and plesant. I was even able to benefit from some of the pics that Kevin took on our dive, the owner uploaded them when we returned to shore and then airdropped them onto my iphone. What a nice touch! You are in good hands with these guys. I will definitely be back to this shop!Written April 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We traveled on a cruise to the A B C islands ( a group of 5 people) and I booked this private tour in advance. We could not have been more pleased! Luc was amazing and the passion for the island truly showed! The open tour bus was a lot of fun! Luc was very informative and showed us both the North and the south of the island. The smaller tour bus made it possible to see some areas that larger buses would not be able to go. We fell in love with the island and we can't wait to go back! He brought drinks and even some food his wife had made for us that was delicious! We saw the salt and pink pools, gorgeous flamingos, stopped at two wonderful beaches and many other sights! What a memorable day !Written May 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.