- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
77 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 77
What travelers are saying
- This trail is worth doing but it does climb almost constantly, however the views, nature and wildlife you see are worth it. We stopped at nymph and dream lakes on the way and each has its own unique views and atmosphere. We were here mid July and were worried it might be very busy but we had lots of space to ourselves and we were told the number of visitors was much lower than had been anticipated which suited us to be honest.Written August 7, 2022
- Walked around this lake a couple of times - fantastic views and just very calm. Outlook to the mountains is just amazing. We just sat for a while enjoying nature at its best.Written August 7, 2022
- A good fairly easy hike to these falls from bear lake. The falls are good to see and you are able to climb onto various rocks for different views. Can see the falls further up but needs care when climbing to view as there’s a lot of tree cover to reach/climb over.Written August 7, 2022
- Nice trail to Emerald Lake. Uphill quite a bit but some great scenery, some of the best on the east side. I think Dream Lake is the best in that 3 lake series. Fairly heavily trafficked.Written July 31, 2022
- This stop only took us a few minutes, but it was definitely worth it. The trail is paved, and really short. It leads to the alluvial fan, which is basically a waterfall. There was plenty of parking when we stopped in the morning.Written July 26, 2022
- We arrived around 7 a.m., and had plenty of parking available. By the time we left at 8:30, the lot was full.
There’s an easy and flat trail all around the lake. I recommend walking all the way around to see the mountains from different perspectives. About half ways around, a trail branches off to take you to a few gorgeous viewpoints.
We saw a muskrat, ducks, and tiger salamanders (these are really neat) in the lake.Written July 24, 2022
- As we pulled in to the parking lot, we were thrilled to see a moose right at the edge of the lake. It was complacently eating weeds as people walked on the trail nearby, and fished mere yards away.
After we took some pictures of the moose, we walked the trail. Very easy and mostly all flat. There are some great views of the mountains. You can also see fish swimming in the clear water.Written July 26, 2022
- It was end of May so the final ascend to the lake of glass was pretty slippery even with micro spikes. From the lake of glass its a 20 min hike to Sky Pond which was fairly easy compared to the ascend to the lake of glass. The view was great. The sky pond was semi frozen but was totally worth it.Written June 9, 2022
- This ended up being my favorite waterfall in the park, due to it being in a gorge.
The hike is fairly easy. Some steps, and one short section that hugs the cliff.
There’s a good overview of the waterfall, and then if you walk down to the river as well.
It was quite busy when I was there in late July.Written July 28, 2022
- The good: we saw deer and a very close- up elk and three moose on the way out. So cool! This trail is not as busy as those closer to Estes, so that might explain it. The bad: Our guidebook said this hike would take 2 hours. It's over 7 miles long, so we should've known better. But, if was our first hike of the vacation, so we were surprised when it took over 4 hours, partly because of all of the animal dilly-dallying on the way in. On the way back we went fast and it took 90 minutes. Plan at least 4 hours unless you're jogging it.Written July 10, 2019
- Gorgeous and peaceful little lake. The water is very calm, and you can see fish swimming around.
Only accessible by hiking. It’s about a mile to get to. Quite a few steps.Written July 28, 2022
- This is a definitely a moderate/strenuous hike. The trail is clearly marked. It’s very rocky in spots and there are steps to climb. According to my Apple Watch this is closer to a 2 mile hike each way. The lake at the top is just ok. Do not go on this hike for the lake. Do go on this hike for a peaceful, not crowded hike with sweeping views. Very primitive toilet facility near the top. Fortunately the trip down is much easier. We took our time stopped at lot on the way up.Written October 26, 2021
- Gorgeous hike, not too strenuous but perfect for acclimating to the high altitude. Tons of waterfalls and green trees. Really enjoyed this hike!Written August 31, 2021
- We chose this for an early morning hike (5:30 am) because we know how crowded the Emerald and Dream area is. We did not see any people for about 2 hours and they were going the opposite way, coming from the Fern Lake TH. The elevation gain is not bad and there were so many flowers all along the way. After passing Cub Lake we continued on toward Fern Lake TH and saw a lot of people heading out to fly fish. It was about 6.75 miles total and not hard.Written August 6, 2022
- nice hike, great place to take a break for lunch and dip in the beautiful clear water, June was the perfect time to visitWritten June 28, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Rocky Mountain National Park
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Rocky Mountain National Park:
- Discover Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver or Boulder
- Rocky Mountain National Park in Summer Tour from Denver
- Hiking Adventure in Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver
- Private Rocky Mountain National Park Tour from Denver or Estes Park
- Private Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver and Boulder