- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
66 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 66
What travelers are saying
- I visited the market while on a trip with five other family members. From an eleven year old to 50+. It was quite a way out of town from Kata where we were staying but worth the visit. There are some lovely temple buildings with lots of locals and local activities. There was a stage with dancing groups including a local school performing with lovely Thai music.
The market stalls themselves were selling the same things you find everywhere else, fake goods, beach wear, souvenirs etc but there are lots of stalls to choose from. There are quite a lot of food and drink options all selling nice Thai food lots of which is made while you watch. Lovely fresh fruit smoothies too at very reasonable prices. Definitely worth a visit if you’re in the area.
Unlike some Thai night markets there is no alcohol allowed at the temple market.
There are plenty of other shops and restaurants in the area too.Written February 26, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Seafood market with lots of seating and lots of stalls selling seafood and meats. Very nice food cooked in front of you. It’s very busy and hard work getting a table but there’s lots of selection of fresh foods which are deliciousWritten February 27, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ok shopping and there were renovations when I visited last.
Plenty of clothes and a vape shop if you need one?Written October 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a small collection of restaurants, shops and stalls, hardly a shopping mall classification.
At street level at the front there are a number of kiosks selling fruit, dealing with money exchange and Travel Agents.
Some of the restaurants on the higher level have views over Karon Lake at the rear of the complex.
As well as the restaurants there is also a 7 eleven supermarket, a massage shop.
We only visited because we were passing and checked out the exchange rates in the kiosks.Written February 24, 2020
- Great small wee market, little quiet at the moment but worth a visit if your passing through. Great restaurant inside
Friendly staff and local food at good prices including fresh fish, fruits and vegetables. Dried goods, souvenirs.Written September 18, 2022
- About the only thing that we liked from this place was the fact that it is close to the beach! It is a hot, sweaty undercover market selling lots of fakes at rip-off prices.
The traders are quite often rude and I think it is generally best avoided.Written November 21, 2019
- While our family was on holiday at Kata, I provided Jack with a brief description of a skirt I had in mind. Jack was able to make it exactly the way i had envisioned and for a very reasonable price and at very short notice. This skirt is now one of my favourite pieces to wear to work and I constantly receive compliments on it. I will definitely be returing to have Jack tailor more items for me. HIghly recommended!Written February 25, 2020
- Thanks to armon and team for the lovely shirts and shorts. Excellent fabrics and tailoring. My sister also got some stylish off the shelf dresses at a good price.Written September 7, 2022
- Hi to everyone! I have been staying in Karon Beach at Novotel in late September, 2022. Nearby the hotel next to the Glow Hotel Mira Karon I met Alex . He said he is a taillor and I approached to his Fashion Shop. From my first sight I believed he knows what he was talking about. Plus I found him to be a very cultural, polite with a very light -and-nice personality. I decided to order a suit, a shirt and a dress for me. Next day everything was ready for fitting. I was admired how well the cloths looked on me as I am far from standard size. I decided to order two more shirts straight away). After 2 days , my whole order including the two shirts I have ordered later was done. I was so happy, as no one and never could make at least similar guality clothes to me. I looked so tide and pretty that I thought how beautiful and nice I am. Excellent fabric, excellent and absolutely corrected fitting, attractive me), I was so excited , so happy, touched upon Akex's lovely soul and top quality proffesionalism. I started feeling that even my life gets better!) Now I want to throw away everything from my wardrobe and let Alex make all the new clothes for me! and definitely coats (as I came back to my country where pretty cool at the moment) and do regret I did not make a nice coat from Alex. I highly recommend him for everybody who is still hesitating!) Believe me , he will change your life for better! With great respect to Alex and Citta (his wife) , Yelena, Kazakhstan.Written October 5, 2022
- “Thank you so much for the wonderful job you executed tailoring my modern fitting suit. You are truly an artist. It was a perfect “fit”. It excellently traced my body. Extremely comfortable and I always receive compliments when I wear it. You are a true sartorial tailor.”
Love it so much ❤️❤️❤️Written October 1, 2022
- had a few suits made at harry's in jul.
First up to say, Dave is a very nice man to deal with. He made time to discuss what i was looking for (fairly specific detail on formal trousers). his comms on WhatsApp were excellent and the 3 or 4 fittings i had were arranged promptly.
first suit was made was a nice blue 2 button with an extra pair of trousers
the 2nd was a fabric which was matched from some photos i took in to the shop.
both have been worn and abused daily for a few months, and have (so far) worn in well through dry cleaning with only 1 button coming loose on the hip pocket which i repaired. Only small detail missed was the lapel button holes were stitched in but not opened, again something i got a local tailor to do when i got home.
i think they have done an excellent job of the cut, breaks, shape and drape of the fabric.
Also had a shirt made, nice shirt which is well fitted, although the fabric isn't the best weight and material for my home climate.
very pleased with the experience, wound not hesitate to recommend Harry's.Written September 24, 2022
- I am 100% happy with the service that I received from Robin . I found his prices to be very reasonable and the quality of the fabrics and the workmanship is outstanding too. I popped into his store on Sunday, had a fitting on Monday and on Tuesday his tailors Tony and Sam delivered my jacket to where we were staying. I could not be happier. It was a pleasure meeting all 3 of them and on my next trip back to Thailand I will definitely be paying another visit to his store. Thanks again Robin.Written September 22, 2022
- Perfectly customized, personalized, impeccably tailored clothing. Will order more when home in USA! I cannot sufficiently emphasize the attention to detail. Most impressively, this tailor provided equally impeccable clothing for the two different body types of our 28 year old son and my nearly 68 year old husband. One requires very skinny and short pant legs, while the other requires a little bit more relaxed fit. Extremely high-quality fabrics, threads, and finishings. Excellent value! Eager to see Monty in the US and to order more clothing.Written October 1, 2022
- Deepak (aka Mr Antonio) at Simon’s Tailors was courteous and professional, helping my husband with two lovely, custom made business shirts from a soft, crease free fabric. He made adjustments until the shirts were a perfect fit and we didn’t feel under any pressure to purchase more. Thoroughly recommend. A fair price, Lovely service and experience. Thank you Deepak.Written August 27, 2022
- Greetings from Finland! My suit just arrived and its my first time of my life that my clothes fits perfectly! Thank you Ramu!Written July 29, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Karon
- These experiences are best for shopping in Karon:
- Private Customized Phuket Tour with Driver
- Insta Tours Phuket (Half Day Tour)
- Private Tour: Phuket Introduction City Sightseeing Tour
- Half Day Sightseeing City Tour
- The Real Phuket Sightseeing Tour with Rum Cocktail
- These are the best places for groups seeking shopping in Karon:See more shopping for groups in Karon on Tripadvisor