*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Minutes off the ring road in a perfect location midway between Reykjavik & Akureryi (very close to the seal circle) we were greeted by owner Magnus & then again by one of his very friendly lambs! The property is peaceful & beautiful, the cottages clean, very comfortable & well appointed & the hospitality very sincere :)Written September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful waterfall and canyon. It's worth to visit. It's not too far from hightway 1. It's easy to walk and free parking.Written September 10, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We wanted to see seals and went to the Seal Center to inquire. As of today (May 25) the seal colony is temporarily closed while birds nest in the region. The man at the information desk couldn’t have been more helpful. He suggested a scenic drive along the coast and highlighted places we might see seals (we ended up seeing them at Hvitserkur as he thought we might). He also checked road conditions for us and tidal charts as seals are often seen at low tide. Very thankful we stopped in here.Written May 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed for one night and enjoyed our stay. The beds were comfy and the room was very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. The only real issue we had was that the shower was very small and very difficult to wash long hair in. Overall though it was a nice place to stay and we really enjoyed the horse theme and watching the horses from our window.Written May 17, 2019
- We stopped by Hvammstangi for lunch on our way to Akureyri. Heard about Kidka Wool Factory Shop from a TV program, so we went in and asked for a free tour. The lady who did the tour was very thorough in explaining the process and the different machines used. It’s amazing to see the level of automation. The tour lasted for about 20 minutes. Afterwards, we did some shopping in their store. I found the selection to be limited. Also, I am not sure if the prices in this factory location is better than retail stores in the city or not.
The shopping was OK, but I did enjoy the tour.Written October 23, 2019
- Got some cute little puffin boots for my grand daughter here which I hadn't noticed before elsewhereWritten July 14, 2017
- Our family loves seals so we were excited for this excursion. We had a blast watching the seals, taking in the scenery and enjoying hot chocolate and homemade pastries. The tour guide even provided binoculars to assist in viewing the wildlife.Written July 13, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Hvammstangi
- The most popular things to do in Hvammstangi with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Hvammstangi on Tripadvisor