Beaches • Scenic Drives
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
6 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This is a stunning beach accessed from a car park just off the A830. The turning is signposted Camusdarrach and Tougal, and Morar Beach Car Park is about 0.3 miles along the road on the right. The park is free, and there are toilets there, but they were not open when we visited on 23rd September 2022. A short walk takes you onto a fabulous beach. Much of this will be covered at high tide so check tide times. We were able to get to a point about 0.6 miles from the car park before water stopped us, and it was just after low tide. The views of Eigg, Rum, Canna and the Cuillins on Skye from this point were fantastic. A dead easy walk, and the sand would also be great for children whatever the state of the tide - note for parents - there could be quite a current on the flood and ebb tides but we didn't see them - just a possible warning for children and poor swimmers.Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Finding ourselves with two hours to kill before our booking for supper in Mallaig, we decided to have a look at Loch Morar - the deepest loch in Scotland. There is only one single track public road giving access to the loch which is on the North side and extends to just under a quarter of the length of the loch. Beyond this is a vehicular track not open to the public for vehicles, but available for bikes and walkers, and this leads to Swordland, approximately half way along the North side, from which a short trek North takes you to Tarbet on Loch Nevis and a ferry back to Mallaig, which is awesome in itself. At the Easterly end of the public tarmac road there is a very small car park giving access to the track. Our trip however was limited for time, and we were in a car, but we thoroughly enjoyed it - breathtaking views despite it being a murky day, and places to stop lochside to walk along beaches. Definitely recommended, and I'd imagine the walk or bike ride to Tarbet for the ferry back (check times!) would be awesome.Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Only takes a couple of minutes to get up the steps, and once up there are great views over the silver sands estuary in one direction (out to the sea) and in the other direction a good view of Loch Morar.
I tried a few other places for a view of Loch Morar, but this is as good as any of them, and much easier to access to boot, so just stick with this!Written April 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful church, full of history. A lot of information inside. Church was open during the day so was even able to light a candle in memory of my loved ones.Written October 5, 2017
- I booked onto Peter’s group as a solo traveller and first time climber, and I can’t thank Peter enough. We went up as a small group, and it was a fantastic day. Peter’s tips on what to bring with me in order to stay warm and dry before coming were extremely helpful, you defining need your thermals for the summit. The trip up and down was a challenging one, Peter was very patient and supportive when we needed help or a boost. He made sure we were always at a comfortable pace, and had plenty of breaks on the way up and down. The weather was a dream, the summit had clear views so it was the perfect day to climb. Made it to the summit in just under four hours! Couldn’t recommend Peter more.Written September 17, 2022
- My teenage daughter and I had an amazing time fulfilling our holiday dream of horse-riding on the beach and in the sea, at the Silver Sands of Morar in mid-August this summer. When we arrived at the Silversands Trekking Centre, we were a little nervous… me because I had not been horse-riding for about thirty years and my daughter because she had only been on a horse once before! We were greeted by Shona, who immediately made us feel welcome and in safe hands. We were soon ready for our ride, with Charlie leading, my husband walking, and we had a brilliant hour’s trek! Our horses were George and Paddy and they were super-mellow - just right for our abilities! Shona took lots of photos on the beach and we have really enjoyed seeing them on the Facebook page. Thank you for a lovely experience – my daughter and I are now very keen to ride again and highly recommend the Silversands Trekking Centre!Written September 11, 2022
Morar Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||539|
|Number of Photos||425|
|Local Time||Monday 7:06 PM|