- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
51 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 51
What travelers are saying
- We decided to go here last minute and had a wonderful afternoon playing with our golden retrievers and kids in the waves. Almost had the beach to ourselves and sunset was breathtaking! Bathroom facility clean but no showers to rinse off sand. Cost about 7000 yen in tolls each way from Fussa. Many attractions around the area to see if more time.Written September 25, 2016
- This park was quite a lovely stop for my husband, dog, and me. The views were lovely and there are numerous picnic tables throughout the trails. It took us only about an hour to get through all the trails and off shoots. Each cliff basically has its only offshoot from the main trail but it’s worth going out to each of the views. There’s enough elevation change that it still feels like exercise even if the actual distance isn’t too long. When we went, the free lot was full so we ended up parking about half a kilometer away in a pay lot by an aquarium. It’s nice that there are multiple parking options. If already out on the Chiba Peninsula, this is worth a stop.Written May 26, 2018
- Back on March 3rd, several years back, I found myself in Katsuura for a martial arts seminar. It takes place every year for any foreigners in Japan, who are black belts or at least more than just beginners and they try different styles, attend seminars and on the last night drink way more than they should making the trip back to Tokyo rather rough.
But we had some time and we visited the town only to find this shrine on March 3rd, or Hinamatsuri. This is the doll festival where dolls representing the Emperor and Empress from the Heian period are arranged with all their courtiers on different tiers.
And as this shrine is seemingly famous for this, there were a lot of dolls there and a lot of people including a rather sketchy looking man wearing a magical girl outfit. Don't ask, we avoided him as much as we could.
But the shrine and the dolls were impressive and it made for an interesting time.Written November 22, 2018
- The park is located on the long peninsula protruding east of Katsuura Bay. In the cape surrounded by the sea there was the Katsuura Castle in the Edo period. The princess who lived in the castle became secondary wife of Ieyasu Tokugawa who was a Japanese national governor. Now her statue is set up in the park.Written May 10, 2017
- there are few people and cool location. sometimes many people too much especially summer vacationers in there. But you should do there caz local is nice and helpful. You’ll enjoying.Written June 4, 2019
- Nice to experience Japanese culture with very little money. It will be held just before 3/3 and after. I recommend you to get there AM, because of fish market around 遠見岬神社. JR Katsuura is the nearest station. But from city, JR Hamamatsu Cho station has bus #1 at 7: 25? to Katsuura arrive at 10:00 1850yen. Keisei Bus. Free Wi-Fi. Good to see fisherman's after bubble. And Kawarayane rooftop sitting on classic houses. Next station JR Onjyuku is a surf spot if you like. Just under shoulder there.Written March 6, 2017
- Though fare itself was fairly high for an aquarium: i.e. 960 JPY for an adult, nature is there, and carefully watching those fishes, worthy watching them for whole day. Available watching various types of fishes, how fishes act freely among their differences, and children loved finding out newly fishes they have never seen.
Parking fee was 200 JPY for 2 hours, 100 JPY for additional per an hour.
Coupons for 10% can easily been foundfor stayers.Written March 25, 2017
- Morning market is open from 6am till 11am. And closed on every Wednesday. Check out locations of market as it moves every 1st and 15th of month. Fish just came from the fish wholesale market. Other products are also very fresh. But what'e best are the people of the market. They will give you a steep discount if you are good.
Enjoy you shopping here.Written September 7, 2015
- It is a beach which is located about ten minutes by car from Katsuura Station. It is a very small beach, but there is a unique shaped rock. This rock opens a hole due to wave erosion, it is called eyeglass rock. When we visited the locals were having fun barbecuing.Written May 10, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Katsuura
Katsuura Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 7:16 AM|