Message from Tripadvisor •
Temporarily closed until further notice
Come and discover The Chestnut House in the hearth of the oldest Bastide Town of Périgord, in a house of the 13th century transformed in a nice welcoming and interactive museum. Use all your senses to learn everthing there is to know (origins, history, gastronomy) about chestnut trees, forest and mushrooms ! Free visit of this museum using modern technologies.
< 1 hour
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Top ways to experience nearby attractions
4 within 3 miles
8 within 6 miles
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Great, friendly staff and very interesting museum. Local chestnut products on sale also - honey, creme de marron etc
Written August 10, 2015
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Maison de la Châtaigne (Villefranche-du-Perigord) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go
Frequently Asked Questions about Maison de la Châtaigne
- Maison de la Châtaigne is open:
- Tue - Fri 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Tue - Fri 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Sat - Sat 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Hotels near Maison de la Châtaigne:
- (0.01 mi) House of the cabinetmaker: beautiful charming exquisitely decorated in black
- (0.02 mi) Luring Home in Villefrenchanche du Périgord with Garden
- (0.03 mi) gite rural à Saint Caprais
- (0.03 mi) 18th century character home with garden, in the heart of a historic village
- (0.06 mi) Le Gite des Parrots