Rather than tell you, here is the email that I sent Mike: Hi Kim and Mike --
Kim has asked me to provide a list of issues with our cruise -- This is my list, if our guests have anything to add to it, I will supplement -
1. No one picked us up from the airport although we had been assured that we would have transportation. This was due to the fact that the boat was not ready and everyone was scurrying at the last minute to get groceries. Rather, one of my guests' was given Kims car and told to come pick us up. She got lost and what should have been an easy 45 minute process turned into two hours.
2. Once we got to the boat, the boat was docked in such a way that we had to jump from the dock onto the bow of the boat - keep in mind, we had been traveling more than 10 hours, were exhausted, in travelling clothes with luggage. Additionally, myself and my guests are all older women in our 50's and 60's. In the past thirty years of chartering/sailing -- I have never had to jump onto the bow of a boat.
3. Once onboard, the boat was noticably dirty and in disrepair - beginning with my cabin -- The sheets had not been changed and there were small black bugs in my bed. There was no door on the closet in my cabin, and the closet was stuffed to capacity with what looked like garbage. Nevertheless, there was no place to stow any clothing.
4. Knobs were missing in the galley, making it impossible to open some drawers/cabinets. This was a bit frustrating when I got up before everyone and wanted to make coffee, yet couldn't open kitchen cabinets.
5. The Galley/Dining area was cluttered, there was no TV in the galley, so movies and wine at night were out of the question
6. Although I had sent several emails -- to both of you, explaining that my sister had never sailed, and I was looking for private, shallow, quiet snorkeling areas -- there was no cruising plan.
7. The boat didn't have enough fuel for the cruise -- Kim explained to me there was no where to get fuel.
8. One of the harbors Kim pulled into one night seemed dangerous. Kim even noted that we should eat at a restaurant where she could watch the boat due to the shady characters that were hanging around. Not once on this cruise did I see Kim check in with a dockmaster or pay any docking or mooring fees.
9. Although amusing, it was completely inappropriate for our captain to suggest that we "all take our shirts off" when navy helicopters were flying overhead.
10. We never ONCE ate a meal off of dishes, everything was served on paper plates. Little if any thought was put into a meal plan, and it was apparent that the document that I filled out for provisions and provided months before the cruise had not been read. This was why I actually took everyone, including Kim and Val out for 2 of the meals.
11. The air conditioner was not run until the last day when I was packing, and I finally insisted with Kim to turn on the AC so we could pack below. Again, with older women on the cruise, it would have been nice had the cabins remained air conditioned and comfortable.
12. In my sisters cabin, shelves were falling off of the wall
Bottom line, although I am a fan of Kim's captain abilities -- this was NOT a $5,600.00 cruise. At this junction, and in an effort to end this immediately and amicably -- I need a refund of half of this charter or $2,800.00
If this is not acceptable, or if I do not get a response, I will seek other remedies --
I hope we can work this out --"
In light of the horrible experience on board, Mike offered to refund half of my money. When it didn't arrive, he lied to me and told me he didn't have my address. I then sent him my address AGAIN, and a week later he told me he wasn't going to refund me. This organization is a joke -- and a dangerous one. The idiot he had as our "Captain" didn't have a captains license -- there was no safety check, none of us knew where life preservers were (if we did need them) -- I am speaking to lawyers in Hawaii -- Anyone else that has been ripped off by this company, feel free to contact me -- Let's see if we can put this scam artist out of business --