Top ways to experience nearby attractions
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Aug 2018 • Solo
This county park may be small, just 65 acres, but it’s situated on a scenic stretch of the Menominee River, is attractively wooded, and has some nice facilities. For a small day use fee ($5/vehicle), visitors have access to a small open-sided shelter (day use rental by reservation), a small no-fee camping area (dandy for canoe camping), a boat launching ramp, and of course, fishing. Menominee River Park is located off Hwy 180 in the Wagner community about 18 miles north of Marinette. Only the boat landing area was open when I stopped in the early morning on my way to Peshtigo, and I literally had the park to myself. The weather was great, the river was serenely beautiful, and it was so quiet you could hear birds chirping a good ways off.
Written August 25, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Menominee River State Recreation Area
- Hotels near Menominee River State Recreation Area:
- (9.90 mi) Shea-Dy Pines Bed and Breakfast
- (9.40 mi) Inn at Froghollow Farm
- (9.57 mi) Stephenson Motel
- (2.94 mi) Vacation on the Menominee River in Marinette County.
- (7.96 mi) Book Your Summer Getaway Now!
- Restaurants near Menominee River State Recreation Area:
- (3.23 mi) The Heritage Inn
- (4.42 mi) Little Nugget Food & Spirits
- (4.67 mi) Northwoods Evergreen Ballroom
- (7.33 mi) Corner Grille
- (9.94 mi) The FarmHouse Restaurant LLC