190 68th Ave SW, Backus, MN 56435-2073
Meet Alpacas on a Alpaca Farm
Aug 2017 • Friends
What fun! You can visit the farm and meet the friendly, unusual alpacas bred for their gorgeous wool that is used for weaving, knitting and other fiber arts. The owners, Scott and Linda Elmore, live at the farm and are experts in the raising of these docile, curious, animals. Although you can visit throughout the year, call ahead. Sometimes they may be on the road showing their exotic herd, or having a special event at the farm for other alpaca farmers. There is a little gift shop that you can buy scarves, little toys made of alpaca, and other products. I bought several skeins of the alpaca wool that I use to create hand-hooked rugs. I visited with my sister and the Elmore's could not have been more friendly and informative. Kind of an off-the-track destination, but so informative, and the animals are fascinating. It was a little tricky to find. Our GPS had a few "hiccups" getting us there. But it worked!
Written January 29, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Foothills Alpaca Farm
- Hotels near Foothills Alpaca Farm:
- (5.19 mi) Ruttger's Pine Mountain Camping Resort
- (5.88 mi) 'Bailey House' Historic Home on Pine Mountain Lake
- (5.93 mi) Tuck-a-way Resort And Campground
- (6.05 mi) Mountain View Resort
- (8.33 mi) Cozy Cottage is Small Enough to be Romantic and Large Enough for a Family!