We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
We had hoped to make the Traverso, but Kathy was down for a day. But with help of Superguide Henrique Silva, we made it up and down the mountain. On top for sunset, on top for sunrise the next morning. If you can backpack, consider...More
During summer: nice waterfall at Poço Dois Irmãos.
Some things to be considered: there are few closed tracks and be careful with accessible needs. They do allow you to bring your car up high but to get near the waterfall is a 10min hill forest...More
We got a bit unlucky with the weather (very foggy) but even from the roadside, the view is spectacular! The mountain range with its infamous peaks & right next to it the valley with views to the ocean - loved it! Will be back to...More
Great place to spend on week days to avoid crowd. It's around 5$US entrance . There is a small falls if u hike a little bit from the Car park .some souvenir to buy specially if your trekking. There is a spot for camping as...More
This is one of the most beautiful National Park nearby Rio. It stretches along of Organ's Range from Petropolis to Teresopolis. The park has several trails into the tropical forest crossing several mountains, leading to outstanding scenery.
However the lack of infrastructure along with lack...More
The National Park has a Nice visitor center with toilets, souvenir shop and coffee shop . We did the Cartao Postal trail. It is a mid tough trail with a hard way up and plenty of tree roots on the way. Attention is important to...More
The nature here is absolutely beautiful. The park has a terrific view to Rio. For those with good physical I suggest the tracking from Petrópolis to Teresopolis.
There's waterfalls, small lakes, amazing rock mountains, and a wonderful native forest.
I don't give 5 stars due...More
- Yes, you may stay in the Park either in a Campground or a group house, but this option is available only if you start your visit from Teresopolis. If you decide to make the trail that links Petropolis to Teresopolis... More
- Yes, you may stay in the Park either in a Campground or a group house, but this option is available only if you start your visit from Teresopolis. If you decide to make the trail that links Petropolis to Teresopolis, starting from Petropolis, there are some private lodging also available, but not inside the Park area. You can estimate daily cost for 3 people as US$45 in Campground or around US$ 90 in the group house.
- The easiest town to arrive from Rio is Teresopolis. Buses depart each hour and leave you within a walking distance from main Park entrance. Bus ticket will cost around US$10 per person. If you prefer to start your visit from Peteropolis it will take longer, as you need to take a bus from Rio to Petropolis (US$10), then another bus to Nogueira (US$2) and finally walk until Park entrance or take a taxi ((US$20 for 3 people).
- I do not know a place named Regua in the region.
- You may hire an English speaking guide for around US$100/day. It is highly advisable to have one if you plan to make the 3 day trail from Teresopolis to Petropolis, as the trail is not very well signed.
- I would recommend Teresopolis, where the main attractions are located.
- You may use a tracklog, but it is not allowed to post a link here
- Please feel free to ask any additional questions.