Igreja de Santa Luzia
What people are saying
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
Downtown Rio is the place where this city was born. With modern skyscrapers sharing space with historical buildings and landmarks, this neighbourhood is living proof that the old and the new can live together harmoniously. As you would expect, downtown is where all major companies house their offices. However, the region isn’t restricted to businesses. Gems such like the “Paço Imperial,” which is a cultural centre that used to serve as a residence for governors of Brazil, can be found here. Pedra do Sal, a Monday night street party, is also in this neighbourhood. This landmark is the birthplace of samba and is famous for its “roda de sambas” (“dance circles”). Stop in for one and get closer to discovering where Brazilian happiness comes from.
How to get there
- Cinelândia • 5 min walk
- Carioca • 8 min walk
2,023 within 3 miles
584 within 6 miles
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Dec 2014 • Solo
Amazing Place for those who like to observe how people go about their spiritual/religions traditions and customs. This church is a place where you can admire the interior architecture while you can appreciate its coolness and shelter from the outside sweltering heat.
Written February 10, 2015
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Igreja de Santa Luzia, Rio de Janeiro
Frequently Asked Questions about Igreja de Santa Luzia
- We recommend booking Igreja de Santa Luzia tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 2 Igreja de Santa Luzia tours on Tripadvisor
- Hotels near Igreja de Santa Luzia:
- (0.12 mi) Beautiful apartment, best location in downtown / river, few meters underground
- (0.21 mi) Novotel RJ Santos Dumont
- (0.20 mi) ibis Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont
- (0.30 mi) Windsor Asturias Hotel
- (0.46 mi) Prodigy Santos Dumont
- Restaurants near Igreja de Santa Luzia:
- (0.00 mi) Adega Villas Boas
- (0.04 mi) Rei do Mate
- (0.04 mi) Rei do Mate
- (0.10 mi) Os Bar
- (0.04 mi) Pensão Santa Luzia